Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Some Thomas. And the vintage FP little people that were mine.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I plan on keeping-

*ALL the Legos and instruction books
    *ALL the Playmobil
    *AG Bitty Baby and accessories
    *Magnatiles?
    *Some dress-up clothes
    *Lots and lots of books
    *Maybe the Nerf guns? (My son LOVES his Nerf guns!)
    *Board games
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

hmm...its a good question. i hav't thought much about it yet, as dc#4 is on the way and would would like at least 1 more. but eventually, i'm sure i'll only keep what is really in excellent condition. unit (wooden) blocks, duplos, AG dolls/clothes (bitty and others), magformers. board games and puzzles if they hold up. we are pretty hard on books...the favorites have already been read almost to death, so not sure that I'll keep those.

my mother kept EVERYTHING and its kinda sad to me, because her grand children don't use much of it and i think of all the other kids that could have enjoyed it if she had donated it when we were done. (her grandchildren do enjoy the duplos and kitchen toys, i'm glad she kept those)

I'm torn on this as well. Happily I have another several years now before I need to start weeding things out so much!

The wooden alphabet blocks are definitely a keeper. Maybe the most beloved baby doll or two (I still have my (well loved and played with) Madame Alexander baby doll from childhood). Legos? Duplos? We have vast collections of both, and they don't really go bad over time...

My big problem is going to be books. I'm still sad that my mom sold my copy of The Secret Garden at a garage sale - I doubt I cared at the time, but when I had a daughter to share it with, it made me realize that was the ONE book I would have kept. But without really knowing what that book will be for my girls when they're grown, I don't know which one to keep, kwim?!? So we'll keep a few of the nicer/more classic books, and hope for the best. (Sorry, Rainbow Fairies, I will dance with joy when I sell you each for $.25 (5 for $1!) at a garage sale. You are the literary equivalent of skittles - no nutritional value, and you feel kind of sick after reading too many!)

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

For us, it will be LEGO and wooden brio/thomas, maybe our wooden quadrilla set (although honestly, my kids haven't played much with this, I still think it is uber cool and a classic toy). That's about it. Everything else is so bulky, I'm just selling or donating it. Our geotrax are a big hit and I'm sad to get rid of them when ds3 is finished, but it's plastic and I don't know how well it will hold up, esp the battery vehicles.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We still have a ton of it. Toys is one of those categories that I have a hard time going through like books. We'll keep the Legos (probably some of the Playmobil), blocks, board games, Magnatiles. All these should age well but we will also end up keeping some of the sentimental items that were kid favorites because we're like that.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When my kids are at my parents they play with my old kitchen and the play food, my old puzzles, all the little people from the 80s, my playmobil, my Lego, and all my siblings' old toys. As such, I will be keeping most of my nice toys. My favorite toy that I wish I could still find are the sets of Pipeworks that my aunt saved for her grandchildren.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've got the wooden blocks I had as a kid. And we'll be getting the dollhouse my dad made for me when DD is older. And my entire Lego collection within the next year or so.

I'll keep the magformers, of what we have so far. Beyond that -- we'll see what the kids play with.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

ummm. all of them? We pretty much have what Corie describes, so if we get rid of anything we are moving next door to her.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    ... we are pretty hard on books...the favorites have already been read almost to death, so not sure that I'll keep those.

Funny you should mention how hard kids are on their favorite books ... mine is How Fletcher Was Hatched by Wende and Harry Devlin and my copy has a broken spine, a half-torn flyleaf page at the end and a ton of green crayon scribble all over it.

But I saved it anyway.

It's now out of print, so I can't replace it!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast