Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Bloating...anyone else experience this?

I get so bloated every now and then that seriously I go from looking not pregnant to looking 5 months pregnant. I have a mummy tummy but that is my lower tummy so this is definitely different and clearly bloating.

Of course, DH refuses to validate me . So anyone experience anything like this? I have wondered if it is tied to certain foods but have not been able to discern which ones.

I already take a daily culturelle and am sure that helps. What else could I do?
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I sure did before going GF. You can search for a few threads I started in fall 2011 about it. Mine is definitely tied to a gluten sensitivity. Each an offending food and I bloat up w/in 30-45min of eating it. I would bloat to the point of feeling nauseated. Take phazyme and a few hours later I'm back to normal. Before going GF the reaction wasn't so immediate and it wasn't daily. I was convinced it couldn't be food related because it wasn't happening daily and I eat a pretty consistent diet. Well 4mos of food elimination trials and it became clear that gluten was my issue.

Gluten, dairy, soy, corn, etc can cause bloating in sensitive individuals.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.