Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Am I overreacting?

There is a woman in town, who runs her own biz aimed at kids, and really feels to me like the town busy-body/know-it-all. I feel like I have posted about her before, but can't find the old post - it should have been here in Bitching, too.

Anyway, I have a whole list of complaints about her, including a bad experience w/her at her biz and my kid; her using her client list to promote her political agenda; her responding to Mom's group postings with recommendations - and cc'ing the person she's recommending. (Awkward when you have already decided not to use them.)

And now, this: I posted to the Mom's group looking for dental recommendations b/c of DD1's tooth. I got a lot of responses. I even got one from an actual dentist. Because this woman SENT HER my posting. Yup. Didn't ask. Didn't cc me. I am so ticked off!! Has she not heard of privacy?

I am VERY tempted to ask the Mom's group people about rules for the board. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, they may have just posted them, I have to look.

So, am I overreacting? Or is this just adding to the pile so it seems more annoying than it really is?

(Not to mention I'm also annoyed with myself because I am tempted to run our situation by the dentist to get her opinion. )
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

I would say something to her. She clearly has no boundaries,

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yeah, I think you are. You don't like her and this is just an addition to the list. Also, it's hard to expect privacy when posting on electronic bulletin boards. It's not like she gave people your name and address.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know this is the Bitching Post, but you asked for opinions, so here goes!

I do think you're overreacting. If someone you liked gave the information you posted on an online board to a friend who was a dentist, would that bother you? I'm guessing that wouldn't bother you (but I could be wrong!).

She sounds like a busybody who likes to feel needed. Annoying, but not out of line in this situation.

Well, after researching the dentist a little, she is at least from my town. So I feel better that she isn't completely random. Just mostly random.

It still seems like an odd thing to do. It's a private message board, you must be a member and log in to use/read/post. It's not open for lurking like BBB.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

It would bother me. I would much prefer the person to give the dentist's email to me than mine to the dentist. I don't like people just handing out my email address to others at all.
    Kris

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When you said that you got a lot of responses, I thought you were talking about posts on the board. Did you get an email directly to your private email address from the dentist? If so, that's not quite so cool.

I'd have been okay with her asking the dentist for info, getting an email in response and then forwarding the response to you.

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    I know this is the Bitching Post, but you asked for opinions, so here goes!

I do think you're overreacting. If someone you liked gave the information you posted on an online board to a friend who was a dentist, would that bother you? I'm guessing that wouldn't bother you (but I could be wrong!).

She sounds like a busybody who likes to feel needed. Annoying, but not out of line in this situation.

When you said that you got a lot of responses, I thought you were talking about posts on the board. Did you get an email directly to your private email address from the dentist? If so, that's not quite so cool.

I'd have been okay with her asking the dentist for info, getting an email in response and then forwarding the response to you.
    to both of Kristen's posts. How big is your moms group? Are you sure the dentist isn't a member? But if busybody gave out your personal email address, not cool.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

The email directly to my private email from the dentist that said, "Hey, X forwarded me your message about needing dental info, can I help?" ETA: I would have been fine if X had asked the dentist for info and X sent that info to me.

The people on that board don't post responses, they just email the OP. (Which seems ridiculous to me!! It would be such a better resource if you could just search on the info you want. I am spoiled here. )

Quote Originally Posted by cvanbrunt View Post
    Yeah, I think you are. You don't like her and this is just an addition to the list. Also, it's hard to expect privacy when posting on electronic bulletin boards. It's not like she gave people your name and address.
    Actually, she gave the dentist my name and email address. The response from the dentist was to my private email acct, not on the board.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast