Default Chair for second nursery

We have a Dutalier glider which we absolutely love. We are expecting another child (DD and DS will be 16 months apart) and would like another chair for my older child's room. As much as I love our glider...I don't want to spend that kind of money on a second chair. Our basic needs for it are to have a place to read stories, etc. for our 16 month old. He doesn't need to rock or anything. We tried the IKEA Poang tonight...but thought it sat too low for us. Any other ideas?

Mali is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

If you have a good craigslist in your area, you might be able to get another glider for much less than retail.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We bought a cheap glider at Walmart for our 2nd. Our first was still using hers for reading her stories at bedtime and naptime and we didn't want to chnage that. We found one at Walmart for under $100 and it is still in good shape almost 3 years later. CL or garage sales around here often have some decent choices too.

mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mali View Post
    If you have a good craigslist in your area, you might be able to get another glider for much less than retail.

I found an euc one, including ottoman, for cheap, like 120. Scouted for a long time.
    My baby boy is 3!

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I felt that way about the ikea chair too. Definitely check craigslist, I was watching it for a glider when we found one at a garage sale for $25. Served us well :-)
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011