abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default favorite layette?

so what do you all really like/love? although dd2, coming in May, is my 4th dc, i gave ALL of dd1's clothes to my sister...and she is having another girl in June, (plus, they live several states away and this is her 3rd girl, so all of dd's clothes have been worn by 3 girls already) so i'm not too optimistic that i'll get my things back.

i'm thinking i wont' get much in the way of gifts/a shower, since i do have 3 kids and a girl already. i've also never had a summer baby...3 winter babies. what do you love, as far as brands or places to shop, and what have you used the most for a summer baby?

TIA!!

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Love?

Kissy Kissy. Hands down.

Price.... OMG, not so much.

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I loved Kicky pants bamboo layette for my summer baby girl. Spendy, but so nice. I stuck with that and Gap first favorites and a few Pixie Lily and Magnolia baby.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

We did almost exclusively sleepers for the first five months or so. Dd was a Spring baby, but we lived in SF where it is cold in the summer. I liked The Children's Place, Carter's and Old Navy. (All of those actually held up better than the couple of Baby Gap pieces I had.). TCP runs small, IME.

Catherine

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think Carters is terrific. Practical and good value for money. Splurge items - Petit Bateau, Under the Nile and Kissy Kissy, in that order.

for Sandy Hook

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My kids lived in Carters until they were 8-9 months old. The stuff wore so well DD2 wore a lot of DD1's stuff. We had a few Kissy Kissy outfits for church or parties. The Baby Gap stuff I had was all from DD1 so no idea how Baby Gap was from 2010. We also had a few Zutano items. I liked Hanna Anderrson from size 70 on, I thought size 60 was pretty effin useless (thankfully it was zippers from Costco, so only $11 a piece) so not a whole lot of money for something that was worn for maybe 3 months. My DD2 wore 70 for 7 or 8 mos. .
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Carter's for sure because it's practical - not too expensive and very nice quality. (Also, I live near an outlet and have signed up for their coupons, so I can usually score a 20% or 30% off coupon just by opening my mail.)

For more special things, Ralph Lauren (though if your DC's arms tend to be chunky, the sleeves are a bit narrow), First Impressions and Rare Editions/Rare Too are fun. DD had two seersucker sundress sets from Rare/Rare Too that I absolutely loved.

I also liked Hanna once she'd stopped spitting up after feeds and we got into Tea a bit late because it's so pricey (and tends to shrink.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle