Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default An open letter to the idiot who parked next to me.

Dear Idiot,

Thank you so much for taking part of my parking space with your gigantic boat of a car and not even pulling into the space far enough, so that when I left rehearsal and went to get in my car I could only open the driver's door 4" before it ran into your side mirror. Even if I were *not* pregnant, I could not have squeezed my body into that tiny little opening. I can only assume you thought that my car belonged to Flat Stanley.

I also drive a large vehicle. I've learned how to park it within a single space - it took a little bit of practice, but it's not necessary to park like an idiot even when driving a large vehicle. Learning how can go a long way towards preventing any unnecessary hardship on the drivers around you.

As it was, the gymnastics I had to perform to climb into my seat from the passenger side pulled every muscle in my poor pregnant belly and now I am sore and worried that I did some harm to my unborn child. Thank you. You made my evening spectacular.

Signed,
    The Pregnant Lady who probably should have just taken out your side mirror instead.
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ugh, I feel you. About 2 months ago, a similar thing happened to me, I couldn't open the door far enough to get DD's car seat in the car. I had to put her in through the other side and do all sorts of gymnastics to carry the seat with DD in it over her brother's Blvd and snap it in. Only time in my life I've wished I had a mini van.

On a few other occasions I've had to climb through the passenger side and jump over to the driver's seat. What's with people? Are they not aware of their sorroundings?

I hope you're not too sore, tonight.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

I'm so sorry! I had to do the same thing in Target, but not while pregnant! (Although I do drive a stick!) It sucks. Sorry you're sore.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

The crazy thing is that I *have* a minivan. But I'm so short the driver's seat is pulled up very far, so getting into it from the passenger seat really was a climb - I couldn't reach the button to move it back without being mostly in the seat.

I wish I had the guts to use these, but the same part of me that couldn't knowingly damage someone's side mirror would balk at sticking something on someone else's car (even if they're supposedly easily removable.)

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ugh!! I hate it when that happens.

A few days ago I was in a parking garage with the kids. While I was loading the baby someone pulled through into the empty space on DS1s side of the car and parked ridiculously close to us. DS1 squeezed through the gap between the cars as only a 3 year old can but I had to get into the front seat and Gumby my way through the console to buckle him in. Sigh. What are people thinking??

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ugh!

I had the same thing happen to me at Target last week. I could open my door maybe two inches. I've had five knee surgeries, so I'm not the most flexible. If I didn't have a screaming baby with me, I would have waited and given the idiot a piece of my mind. I had to try and climb over to the drivers side. My older son found it quite entertaining! lol

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh, that SUCKS!

I went off on someone once. I was leaving school, fresh out of a really difficult clinic in my scrubs, and some idiot gets out of his truck which is parked 2 inches from my driver side door. I believe I said, "EXCUSE ME?! How the heck am I supposed to get in my car? Did you NOT SEE the bright blue vehicle that you nearly side swiped as you parked that big a$$ truck of yours?" *Blank stare* There may have been more cussing. Eventually I told him nevermind, obviously this discussion was too complicated for him and I would just crawl my way into the driver seat to save us both some time. Not one of my better moments, lol.

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post
    The crazy thing is that I *have* a minivan. But I'm so short the driver's seat is pulled up very far, so getting into it from the passenger seat really was a climb - I couldn't reach the button to move it back without being mostly in the seat.

I wish I had the guts to use these, but the same part of me that couldn't knowingly damage someone's side mirror would balk at sticking something on someone else's car (even if they're supposedly easily removable.)

Sarah
    I think you should keep some of those stckers handy! I would actually lol if I found one of those on my van (as long as it was easily removable).
    Last edited by boltfam; 03-07-2013 at 01:44 PM.

jal is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberley View Post
    Oh, that SUCKS!

I went off on someone once. I was leaving school, fresh out of a really difficult clinic in my scrubs, and some idiot gets out of his truck which is parked 2 inches from my driver side door. I believe I said, "EXCUSE ME?! How the heck am I supposed to get in my car? Did you NOT SEE the bright blue vehicle that you nearly side swiped as you parked that big a$$ truck of yours?" *Blank stare* There may have been more cussing. Eventually I told him nevermind, obviously this discussion was too complicated for him and I would just crawl my way into the driver seat to save us both some time. Not one of my better moments, lol.
    With the possible exception of the "more cussing", sounds like you handled it perfectly.

ugh!!!!
    Sharing advice/encouragement for homeschoolers at Homeschooling for Normal People

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast