Default Naturepedic, more comfortable than Lullaby Earth?

I am looking for a crib mattress for my coming DD. For DS, we have a naturepedic 150 coil mattress that's great, but a bit heavy. Since DS is still using it in his toddler bed, I was looking at the Naturepedic lightweight crib mattress. Then I learned about Lullaby Earth, which I understand is the same mattress without the organic cotton layers.

Has anyone had both mattresses, and been able to see how much of a difference the cotton makes comfort wise? Trying to decide if it is worth the $100 difference. I'm happy to buy the Naturepedic if it makes a big difference, but if it doesn't, there are other things I could spend that money on! Thanks.

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm interested too. It sounds like without the organic cotton, all that's left is plastic (food-grade polyethylene)? There are no stores near me that carry these, but I considered ordering one from Target just to check it out. Doesn't sound like a hunk of plastic would be that comfortable, though.

I will add, we had a foam mattress from Ikea (this one) for my first two babies, and it was really nice and lightweight - the same as Lullaby Earth. We're only replacing it because it got puked on without a mattress cover. I think we're replacing it with this Ikea latex one, it's a little heavier at 14 pounds.
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

Check out Moonlight Slumber foam mattress - it is really awesome.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin