Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SPD...shoot me!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I had it with my first, it went away after delivery. Shrugged off by my OB at the time.

With my second it started earlier, and my midwife kind of blew it off, too, so I started seeing a chiropractor who focused on pregnancy and children. Got worse, and I separated my pelvis during his birth. Took me over two days to convince the nurses and midwife that a "10" didn't adequately explain my pain, and that there was something else going on. A year of excruciating pain followed (I couldn't find the right provider to help me, honestly), and then I found the right physical therapist who spent another year putting me back together again.

With the twins (who I carried to 37w5d and were 7lbs and 7lbs 3oz, so a LOT of baby), I had some minor discomfort but nothing like the first two. I did wear a belly band almost all the time because I found it provided a lot of additional support. It wasn't one of the expensive bands, just some tubes of stretchy fabric that I got off of ebay. I did see a chiropractor towards the end of the pregnancy to try to get baby A to flip and actually found that my pubic symphysis hurt more right after each adjustment.

I honestly think that the chiropractor may have made the issue worse during my second pregnancy. If you aren't seeing improvement, you might want to reconsider the continued adjustments.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by amom526 View Post
    I go to a large practice, and I've found that most of them (mfm practice) don't get spd. Some of them just will not admit its a thing, others say it's pressure from the baby, others say its a thing but nothing to do about it (basically true). I think for an eval best bet is a pelvic floor physical therapist.
    Yes, a pelvic floor physical therapist is who finally put me back together. She was the only one who understood what had happened, how it affected me at the time (and what would have improved the healing process), and how to fix me.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I feel LOADS better after each adjustment, but I don't stay "in" very long :/
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3