Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Pooh, the original.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Mary Poppins for sure. The saddest part is when she has to leave the family. Gator loved it when he was 2yo.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Definitely "The Arisocats". My girls are notoriously scaredy cats (although getting a bit better). They liked "Cars", which surprised me, because it's so loud. I agree with PP, that "Cinderella" isn't especially scary, but DDs didn't love it. I bought the DVD, and they've watched it exactly once.

I also agree, do NOT watch the "Nessie" short that they showed before Pooh. My DDs worried and fretted about Nessie for weeks.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by annex View Post
    I would vote for Pooh too. Or to skip Disney altogether and show My Neighbor Totoro instead.
    I have some old posts on here about this, and my sensitive dds have had problems with almost every movie mentioned (we haven't tried Aristocats). I promise you don't need to make your dd watch a Disney movie!

But - We did okay with Totoro and Kiki (even though their is some tension, my girls weren't as freaked out by these, not sure why).

Pooh is generally okay (there are a few Pooh dvds they didn't like).

Mary Poppins - we got through, but there were a few scenes they didn't like. (cannons, the bank, the weird carousel song sequence).

Cars - we didn't get past the crash at the beginning.
    Nemo - WAYYYY too intense and scary

Cinderella - scared of the cat at the beginning and made me turn it off.

They tried to make them watch Brave at aftercare one day. My girls freaked out and still have nightmares (they are 7.5 and this was recent) and they were not the only ones bothered by it.

The first Tinkerbell is good. The second was too scary (maybe there are rats involved - can't remember). The third was okay, but a bit tense in parts. We haven't watched the most recent.

I vote to stick with Pooh and maybe some of the Wee Sings.

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My three year old loooooves Tangled. I'm not a fan of Disney movies usually, but I do like that one.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

Cars is not scary. Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue can be tense at times but there's nothing really scary that I remember. I've never seen Pooh. Wall-E had so some tense moments, but there's no "bad guy" per se. My kids were never scared of that one.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Cam&Clay View Post
    DS1's first was Aristocats. It is pretty benign.
    We love Aristocats! Tinkerbell is another. It has some intense scenes, but no scary images.
    Not Disney per se, but they put out Totoro and Kiki. We LOVE THOSE! Also Ponyo.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD watches Cinderella, but I always start it at Chapter 17 with the fairy godmother song, Bibbidi Boppidi Boo. Cinderella gets locked in the tower by her evil stepmother, but the mice/animals rescue her. That part might be dramatic, however.

If you get the Cinderella DVD, DD's favorite movie hands-down is the animated short, Tangled Ever After. It's 7 minutes long and there's nothing scary about it. Maximus and Pascal (the horse and chameleon) chase after the dropped wedding rings at Rapunzel's wedding. It's hilarious!!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My DD loves Aristocats, too. Glad to see it getting some love. It is not as gentle as Pooh, but it doesn't scare my 2 year old. I don't think it would be made today (the heroes are adults, really, and act like it) but it's lovely.

Tangled is another favorite here. It is PG, not G. Not sure why. Perhaps the ending? Whatshisname briefly dies, the witch ages scarily and falls out the window.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

GoBlue is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Another vote for Pooh and the Tnkerbell movies (all four of them). My DD LOVES them. Her first princess movie was Beauty and the Beast, and now she also has Tangled and Cinderella.
    Mama to DD1 (3/2009....sassy and spirited) and DD2 (6/2011...sweet and determined). I love my happy little girls.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast