Default I hate organizing field trips

dear cub scout people who design the programs. Why the heck do I need to organize 4 field trips for 1st graders? Really. The police station and ball game were bad enough but finding somewhere that will do tours for 1st graders in print/tv/radio media is getting frustrating. I will NOT be leading next year thank.you.very.much. Mostly because I hate planning Go See It's! At least the last one is a hike/nature walk. That I can manage. If I had been interested in planing field trips I would have been a teacher. Not a nurse! I guess this is why I am the only leader who is not a teacher???
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know! I got tagged to teach the first aid badges to the Juniors and Cadettes in our massive multi-age girl scout troop because I'm a nurse. The requirements are crazy. Make a poster and display it at school? Make a skit for your families and perform it? Tour an emergency room? Visit a clinic? Organize a panel of medical experts? There are bunch and most all of them involve field trips or making something fancy.

I got an idea. How about we talk about first aid and what to do in an emergency (stressing safety). Let the girls practice skills appropriate to their abilities. And help them make mini-first aid kits to keep in their backpacks.
    Last edited by ellies mom; 03-07-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08