Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which color will match more?

I am having the worst luck finding new tennis shoes for DD. Either they are out of her size, they don't fit well or we only have to choose from THE most obnoxious colors or ugly styles.

For budget reasons, we only have a couple of pair of shoes per season so I am trying to find a color that will match a lot. We usually get neutral colors (silver, white) and they have worked well, but we can't find any that are in our size and fit well right now. So I'd love your opinion....what color do you think would work with more?
    Dark purple (Tsukihoshi Euro)
    Light pink (also Tsukihoshi Euro called rose with fushia trim)
    Medium purple with light blue trim (Tsukihoshi Flash)

DD has most of the basic colors in her wardrobe (black, grey, denim, navy, brown) and some fun colors too (pinks, purples, yellow, red). I tried to include links to the specific shoes, but its not working. If there are other colors that might work better, please let me know, it is challenging trying to find something that will match most things. Thanks!
    Last edited by SoCalMommy; 03-11-2013 at 03:34 AM.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have had many different colors in the past (including those you mentioned) and I would say of your choices, light pink is the most "neutral". While it may not match everything, it was light enough to not stand out with most of DD's outfits. HTH!

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you let us know your DD's size and your price range, the fantastic shoppers at the BBB may be able to find some neutral shoes.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have the dark purple Euro and I find it goes with everything DD has. I'm not crazy about it if her pants are fuchsia colored or dark pink but I deal.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

I've had better luck in neutrals with bronze/gold and oddly enough bold colors like sunflower yellow. Yellow actually looks pretty good with almost everything, from Navy to green to pink/purple and black.

I actually like patterns as single-season shoes, too. Did you like the Sakura shoe in pink floral? http://www.zappos.com/tsukihoshi-kid...outh-pink-pink

How about the Hana in navy/pink? http://www.zappos.com/tsukihoshi-kid...outh-navy-pink

I got DD a polka dot sandal (light pink with black on white polka dots) for this year's summer shoes (Braqeez). We also have a med pink Umi sandal I bought the end of last summer: http://www.amazon.com/umi-Pommie-Ank...ds=Umi+sandals

and Naturino sandals in hot dark pink (patent leather): http://www.zappos.com/naturino-nat-3...-youth-fuchsia
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    If you let us know your DD's size and your price range, the fantastic shoppers at the BBB may be able to find some neutral shoes.
    She is measuring an 8 toddler so I was looking at probably buying an 8 1/2 to accommodate growth. She has a somewhat wide foot so not everything fits her well. We like Tsukihoshi (unfortunately we recently found out that not all styles fit well.) would like to keep it under $50, unless its Tsukihoshi since i definitely think they are worth paying a tad more. If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears! TIA

Thanks for everyone's feedback so far. I actually am torn between the light pink and dark purple. I will wait until I see them in person.

Bostonsmama- thanks for the suggestions. Both Tsukihoshi styles are cute, but the Mary Jane style doesn't fit her foot that great. I haven't seen the Hana ones before. I prefer no prints so they don't clash with the patterns on her clothes, but it's a subtle print so I will definitely keep them in mind.

I actually started looking at boys colors too. I might have unrealistic expectations that we can continue to find one primary tennis shoe that she can wear most days and match most everything. I might need to re-evaluate my budget or not care as much if her shoes don't match.....

I don't mind spending a little bit more for a well made shoe that gives her excellent support (Tsukihoshi) but since she is still growing quickly I am trying to make my dollars stretch without compromising too much on comfort and style.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    I actually bought these exact ones, but unfortunately had to send back since they surprisingly they didn't fit in the width.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast