essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Any deals for a Nintendo 3DS (not the XL)

DS1 wants to buy a 3DS with his birthday money and we're trying to figure out where the best place to buy it from is. It's $169 at Target and $181 on Amazon. He's fine with any color (except pink or purple!)

So anyone know of any deals right now?
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We ended up buying the 3DS XL. It has much better battery life apparently. Both of our boys have one now and love them. They also have old DS lites! http://nintendoinvader.com/2012/08/01/f-3dsv3dsxl/

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G View Post
    We ended up buying the 3DS XL. It has much better battery life apparently. Both of our boys have one now and love them. They also have old DS lites! http://nintendoinvader.com/2012/08/01/f-3dsv3dsxl/
    Hmm, that article doesn't mention anything about the battery life? DS1 is adamant on getting the regular 3DS as he can afford it now! He says all his friends have the regular 3DS and like it.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Check this out! It's totally up to you but I think it is worth it to wait to save more money ... or for Mom to loan him some money and write up an I O U!

http://www.geek.com/games/6-reasons-...e-3ds-1504509/

baileygirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

On Saturday, DS2 bought the 3ds XL at Target for 175. I am guessing that it was just last week's deal, but you might want to keep your eye open for something like that. DS1 has the regular 3ds, and I think the XL is a lot nicer (however DS1 hasn't complained about it).

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We ended up with an XL a while back because we found them on sale at Best Buy for $169, the same price as the regular 3ds which I couldn't find a good sale on. DS had a 3ds before his XL (he left it on a plane) and saved up for a replacement. He likes the larger one better for sure.

Madelyn is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We have one of both in our household. My younger son (now almost 12) got the regular size 3DS for Christmas 2011. Think back then Target had the best price on the system. Then my older son wanted the XL for his 15th birthday. I told him I could only pay for half as his birthday gift. There were better deals for the 3DS at the time. Tried to talk him into the non XL one but my son said he wanted the larger one for the better battery life, larger screen and some other features. I ended up finding a bundle deal (included accessories and the Mario Kart game) on the Sams Club website. The bundle was $199.88 but I ended up paying $12.78 tax and $4.56 shipping in addition to that.