Default Petite down jacket?

Oh dear. My favorite jacket (which I have worn every single day for 8 months/year for the last 3 years!) got a big new snag in a thread today and it looks pretty bad. I may be able to help it a little, but I think it's time to start looking for a deal on a replacement.

I'd love another down (this one is actually synthetic down) jacket that will fit narrow shoulders/short arms. No hood. This one is from LL Bean and they don't make it anymore. I bought it during a big sale so I paid under $50 for it. I've ordered from Lands End a lot through the years and have had bad experiences with their outerwear - some jackets/coats from them have been fine, but many have had some element that drove me crazy (necks too tight to zip all the way up, sleeves/shoulders too small, poor fit/cut), so that's not my first choice. Patagonia gets great reviews, but sounds like their down jackets have long sleeves which I really don't need.

Anyone have recommendations of where else to check? I've checked Eddie Bauer, LL Bean, Patagonia.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I haven't had a problem with Patagonia and long sleeves. I think LE has long sleeves. Patagonia runs small, so I thought that would be a good option. Also check out TNF, Mountain Hardware and Marmot.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just got a bunch of LE down coats to try. I liked the essential down coat and between petite and regular I preferred the fit of the regular medium. I'm 5'3 and a size 10/12.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

ltmommy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I am 5'0" and about size 4, and I bought a girl's North Face last year on clearance. I actually got the L and not the XL, and the sleeves are slightly too short, but otherwise it fits really well and was much cheaper than the women's XS.
    Leslie
    DD 7.04
    DS 4.07