jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Opinions on LeapFrog Tag Learn To Write And Draw

I found LeapFrog Tag Learn To Write And Draw on clearance at Target. I'm trying to work on writing with DS1. Does anyone have this Tag program? How do you like it? TIA

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Is it the Mr. Pencil one? If so, I bought that for my 4 yr. old DD2 (on clearance at Target as well about a month ago!). Both of my girls love their Tag pens, so I thought this would be a fun way for her to work on her writing. So far she has only used the Tag book. She initially had some difficulty with some of the motions registering and that frustrated her, but now that she has practiced more, she does better making the lines straight and hitting the end points that signal to move on to something else (my older daughter had the same trouble with hitting those end points on the letters on Pet Pals 1 on her Leap Pad when she first got it, so I think its just a learning curve of how to use the equipment with the program). I haven't worked with her much on it yet, but she pulls out the book and does it on her own, so I figure any practice is good practice We haven't gotten to the practice books yet, those don't use the pen and for now she just really wants to use her Tag pen and hear the sounds.

Default Love Tag

I love the Tag reader though we haven't used Mr Pencil.

Luckily our library has a large number of books we borrow.

we only own 1 book (Beauty & the Beast).

I love the product.