Default Toddler swimwear for potty training

Any opinions/suggestions on the type of swimsuit to get DD this summer for potty training? Does it even matter?

There are some cute one piece suits, but for some reason I am thinking it might be easier to go the 2 piece route (or rash guard/bottoms or tankini) just in case. We haven't officially started training yet, but there is a possibility it will start sometime this summer.
    TIA

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We went for the two-piece approach, and it was no fussier than regular clothes during the potty-training phase. My kids still wear a rash guard and a bottom for swimming - the convenience is still there even though they're eight and four!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We're doing rash guard/bikini bottom sets, despite falling in love with some ADORABLE one-pieces, like this one:

http://www.crazy8.com/shop/dept_item...ed=0&fit_type=

I am tempted to buy ahead for next year, but with her being in the upper percentiles for height, I'm reluctant to guess where she'll be size-wise next year.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Definitely two piece. Sometimes they don't give you much warning that they need to go. DD1 usually wears a rash guard with either swim shorts or a swim skirt (DH is very strict about modest bathing suits for the girls).
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Definitely two piece, for either diaper changes or potty training. We do bikini bottoms or swim skirt with a rash guard on top for dd. With ds I put a reusable swim diaper on him for a few months even after he was potty trained because if they have a poop accident in the pool, the pool has to be closed for cleaning--it's a big deal. The swim diapers don't feel like regular diapers so it didn't cause regression, IME.

Catherine

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i agree with crl. with both my dc, i've always done two piece (rash guard + swim diaper + swim bottom), regardless of PT or not. i just figured it was better for them sun-wise (more coverage from the sun), and it was always easy to change them, especially if poopy diaper. i see a lot of little baby girls in traditional one piece swim-suits and that just looks a pain to deal with IMO, especially for poopy diaper changes!! and yeah reusable swim dipes are nothing like regular diapers.

We are still in diapers but have used swim suits with snaps in the crotch. They make getting the swim on and off really easy and I'm sure it would work for potty training also. http://snapmeswimwear.com/
    DD1 03/2011
    DD2 06/2013

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We're doing two-pieces now......eventhough DD2 is PT our pool requires swim diapers 'till 3 I think....so we're just calling them swim "panties" and she's doing great telling us when she has to pee.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Definitely 2 piece...we always do rash guard top and bottoms for outside and sometimes a tankini for inside. Even now that DD is 7 we still do 2 pieces for outside swimming, and 1 pieces for indoor swimming lessons (she's at the level now where she needs to wear a once piece suit.)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)