Default weight loss, breastfeeding, borderline hypertension & garcinia cambogia!

Just had DD2 two months ago. I need to loose 20 pounds and have been doing weight watchers with very slow results. I am breastfeeding so I feel that has something to do with it. Since my blood pressure has been somewhat elevated I NEED to loose 20 pounds. Hypertension runs in the family so I really want to avoid being medicated. My dr. feels it is the extra weight right now and if I loose it my blood pressure will come down. Mind you my blood pressure has always been below 120/80. I also get nervous when I'm at the drs so I know it's also elevated there too due to "white coat" or what ever they call it! I am having my thyroid checked. I am exercising just not as much as I would like since I need to wait until my DH gets home to watch the baby while I work out. Sometimes he gets home late and it just doesn't work out with dinner and taking care of DD1. It's too cold out to go for stroller walks right now. My dr. suggested taking Garcinia Cambogia that was featured on Dr. Oz as a weight loss supplement. He said it's safe while breastfeeding but I am not so sure of that just cause it's "all natural." Anyone have experience with it? I am 37 and that's about when my mom was diagnosed with hypertension. I really need to take this weight off but other than not eating, I don't know what to do.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What about shifting the type of calories you are eating? You don't have to be hungry to lose weight. I personally find that going super low sugar/low grains is successful for weight loss.

Sent from my Android phone using Swype
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you have a mall nearby? Maybe go walking at the mall. I agree that changing what you eat may be really helpful.

lizzywednesday is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    Do you have a mall nearby? Maybe go walking at the mall. ..

There are a lot of mall-walkers programs in many areas, as well as various types of mommy-and-baby workouts that could help.

If you're near a Y with a gym and/or pool, you might want to look into whether or not they have low-cost childcare available so you could start working out during the day.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
    What about shifting the type of calories you are eating? You don't have to be hungry to lose weight. I personally find that going super low sugar/low grains is successful for weight loss.

Sent from my Android phone using Swype
    I could try that! I've always had success with eating a variety of foods, just in the right amounts. When I've tried going low carb, I wasn't successful in the past. I would crave them more and then slip up. Could you give me an example of what you eat in a day? Do you use anything for a sweetner? I do drink one cup of coffee a day and while I would love to drink it black, I just can't. I've tried stevia and it's has a weird after taste to me. I've been using splenda which I know is not the best for you but it's only one packet.

I do have a mall the only thing is I have a 4 year old too so walking at any fast pace is not going to work, ugh! Thanks everyone!