Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easter fail

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Easter fail

I didn't hide eggs.

The Bunny is leaving some candy and those LLBean rolling duffles that were on sale a month or two ago.

He left a note that DDs might like bags instead of an egg hunt this year.

In a panic I just went looking for the plastic eggs I use, planning to fill them with something, anything - and I can't find them.

I suck.

"Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

geophne is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Not sure if this will make you feel any better, but I hid eggs but I refuse to put anything inside them which made DD1 very unhappy last year. Also, DD1 would love the duffel bag so I think that is a cool gift!
    Mom to:
    the Doodler 9/08
    the Panda 12/11

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh, me, too, only your duffels are ok by me! And DS could use one cuz his favorite bag broke, so he could use a replacement.

Yeah, so, I bought him the Bruno Mars CD (see preivous thread you helped me out with), and it has all kinds of lyrics about motherf*ckers and bangin' her and that sort of thing, and I would have just given it to him that way if I hadn't seen the parental advisory sticker at the last minute. Oh, and no eggs, I just went to three walgreens to find one open past 10pm to get plastic eggs but then wouldn't buy them cuz I can't just buy like 3 empty eggs, I ahve to have a whole bag, and I just ridded my hosue of crap and won't fill it with more, and so I bought cheap chocolate bunny things instead, tho I did get an organic strawberry growing kit from PBK but nothing else cuz he's aged out of that store and then I had nothing.

At least we're going to his favorite restaurant for Easter tomorrow, cuz the Easter Bunny totally got lame this year.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It will be okay, and you're not a bad mom! Just fill the bags with the candy and hide a little more around the house! The kids will be super happy. Most kids just want to count the candy up . . . one of mine went to bed wondering out loud how many jelly beans he might get.

We've all done stuff like this. I'm the one usually looking for leftover Halloween candy to use at Easter when I realize I don't have enough or can't find what I bought.
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS just called me into his room and said, Mommy! We forgot to put out an Easter Basket! I was like, honey, the Easter Bunny leaves US the basket. Yes, he said, but we leave him the basket for him to fill! And I realized that that's what we did last year, and I forgot. Now he's so worried, so I assured him I'd get that out there for him. How did I let this holiday get past me so badly?
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Me too. Apparently I casually created a tradition last year of a scavenger hunt. But all three kids are sick this week, packing for spring break trip, and had to have van towed yesterday. anyway, I just couldn't get together the hunt. I told the girls and DD1 said, " because of the baby" in a really sad voice. Broke my heart. I did have baskets for them but it has been an all around crappy week. I put too much stress on myself for holidays, period.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Add me to the list! This AM I asked what the EB brought and ds2 said "eggs". The EB missed that memo here.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

The kids will be fine with what you have. You can say the Easter Bunny changes things each year....

We had to do that with DS 2 yrs ago. We were seeing friends and were going to have an egg hunt there, so didn't prepare for one here. DS woke up, no eggs outside and was super upset. DH ended up in the 10 x10 basement where we store the decorations, stuffing plastic eggs with loose change and goldfish as we didn't have anything else. He then crawled out the crawl space so DS didn't see him going outside to put the eggs. Yep, failed Easter, but DS got over it.

So grap some loose change and anything you have.

Count me in too...no egg hunt this year. I just didn't have it in me. Last year the Easter bunny put candy in each of the plastic eggs and hid them outside late the night before. The kids started picking up the eggs and putting them in their baskets the next day...and before long, the baskets were CRAWLING with ants. Total failure, so this year I just didn't have the heart.

And if it makes you feel better....the easter bunny bought all the stuff last night and put it in non-traditional dollar store totes with dollar store shredded gift basket filler. The kids didn't even care or notice.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for commiseration!!

It turned out not to be an epic fail. They were still happy with the duffles. (And to be clear, they are *7 & 9* so they're pretty much on the cusp of finding everything out anyway. DD1 knows about the Tooth Fairy but I don't think she has put it all together yet.)

I was really worried b/c there was a big hub-bub over the fact that no leprechaun stopped here for St. Pat's. Well hello, you all didn't set any traps so maybe he didn't know he was supposed to stop here!!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast