Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

They lost my business when they changed the Playdress design. This just makes it more official! I used to buy there to AVOID characters and branding. How ridiculous!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

I agree. I loved Hanna because it didn't sell that kind of stuff. If I want character Pj's I'll buy them at Target for $12 not at Hanna for $42.

Ann

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennylane View Post
    I agree. I loved Hanna because it didn't sell that kind of stuff. If I want character Pj's I'll buy them at Target for $12 not at Hanna for $42.

Ann
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Wow, just wow! If I am okay with princesses (honestly have no issue) and want them on my girls night gowns or PJs I'd rather pay the $20 for the short/long/tee shirt set or what not for the character ones at Target, JC Penney, etc.

I was reading the other Hanna catalog that came the other day and I am just in denial about it. Unless I need a fancy dress for one of my girls or some more tights, bike shorts, or unders I won't be buying much from Hanna at all it seems. I miss the pre 2011 or so clothes so much. Hanna just seems no longer original anymore. I am sure that quality is still good, but I think it is kind of sad when I am reading the catalog and thinking I don't want or need to buy any of this stuff. Thankfully I have loads of 100s for DD2 (most of what I bought on Ebay or on outlet or store EOS clearance--remember when the EOS sales were actually worth going to? I think that ended in 2010, maybe 2009) in 2008-2010, but sadly unless Hanna goes back to it's roots for everyday play clothes our relationship with Hanna might be done

2007 vs. 2013?

There is one playdress set I like, but I am still under the opinion that playdresses should have buttons! Oh and flame away, but why oh why do I want to spend more than $15 for a dress that is suppose to look like a pillow case? I have not gotten into that trend at all.

eta:
    just sent this email to Hanna Andersson using the template on their website:
    "Hi-- I have been a long time shopper with Hanna Andersson since I had my first child in 2006. I first heard of Hanna Andersson in the early 1990s when I nannied for children whose parents bought them Hanna Andersson clothes. As a teenager and in my early 20s I longed for the day when I could buy my children the adorable and unique clothes that Hanna Andersson sells. I did just that when I bought her her first rio red and pink striped playdress set which I still have to this day. I know I could sell it for a good profit on Ebay or donate it to another child to wear, but honestly part of me doesn't want to get rid of it. Both of my girls wore it with joy and it sounds silly but I am attached to it, and want to keep it for them. It still has many years of wear left.

I received your most recent catolog the other day and I was sorely dissapointed in the offerings that have been made for this spring and pre summer line. I miss the more unique Hanna Andersson offerings that ended around 2010. I can go to pretty much any childrens related store at my local malls and see the same style stuff that Hanna Andersson now sells for a fraction of the price. And I am talking about quality stores like Gymboree, and Baby Gap/Gap Kids, and maybe even Carter's.

I am also very dissapointed that you have decided to sell Hanna Andersson sleepwear with Disney characters all of it. I just don't get it. Why would anyone want to pay $42 for a set of pajamas with a character on them that they can buy at a mainstream store for just about half of the price? I put up with the Star Wars designs and thought that was kind of cute, but seriously this sudden transformation to a more commercial centric line should be the first clue that Hanna Andersson has strayed from it's original purpose, "selling soft quality clothes like the ones sold in Europe."

My last little input is make more three button original play dresses. I went to order one for my 2 yr. old this past fall and they sold out instantly. Get a clue from that and either produce more of them for each season, and or make them a staple again.

Sincerely

Annie P_____
    mom to a 7 yr. old, and a 3 yr. old
    and potentially a former Hanna Andersson shopper."
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-26-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Disney sleepwear by Hanna Andersson!

They did StarWars, now they are doing Disney Princesses & Cars LJs/SJs.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/catego...y/Pixar%20reg;

Too bad neither of my DC are into these characters (only character DD is into is Dora). I love the Ariel one though. And DS is still nothing but trains, trains, trains. I'm still waiting for Hanna to make Thomas PJs....

I don't understand the uproar. Why can't characters be on nicely made PJs? These are more expensive, but they're not disposable clothing. My kids hate how the cheap PJs feel, and I hate how they are made.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OMG LOLOLOL I was JUST coming here to post this! LOLOLOL!!! I just saw it on FB. Both of mine are totally into the Disney characters, esp Rapunzel and Ariel!

But oh how I wish they'd make nightgowns too (because my girly-girls won't wear pants/shorts and insist on dresses/nightgowns) but I just know they can't make a loose-fitting, comfy, twirly-skirted nightgown out of 100% organic cotton and get that past regulations

Maybe they could do it and call them dresses!

The Disney nightgowns my girls fell in love with and got from their trip was almost as expensive and polyester and already tearing/have holes - SO annoying.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

haha i saw it on FB too. i loved the LIttle Mermaid as a kid so the pic really caught my eye.

and i guess i should consider myself lucky that my dc are still in the stage that they'll whatever i'll ask them to. i don't see that lasting for too much longer though..

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    I don't understand the uproar. Why can't characters be on nicely made PJs? These are more expensive, but they're not disposable clothing. My kids hate how the cheap PJs feel, and I hate how they are made.
    Mainly because 5-10 yrs. ago under Hanna's prior owner this wouldn't have happened (it has been sold twice I believe since the original owner/creator sold it). Hanna clothing was original and it didn't thrive on being commercialized. It was just good quality and unique clothing for kids that wore well. I love cotton pjs and my kids have their fair share or Hanna cotton long johns and they are nice, but $42 for a pair of Ariel pjs just seems a bit excessive IMHO (but do does paying full retail for a regular non character Hanna lj or sj set). Now if I luck out and get them for $16 at an outlet sale then that is better, but I just don't see how these are really going to sell all that well.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast