Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Mainly because 5-10 yrs. ago under Hanna's prior owner this wouldn't have happened (it has been sold twice I believe since the original owner/creator sold it). Hanna clothing was original and it didn't thrive on being commercialized. It was just good quality and unique clothing for kids that wore well. I love cotton pjs and my kids have their fair share or Hanna cotton long johns and they are nice, but $42 for a pair of Ariel pjs just seems a bit excessive IMHO (but do does paying full retail for a regular non character Hanna lj or sj set). Now if I luck out and get them for $16 at an outlet sale then that is better, but I just don't see how these are really going to sell all that well.
    I've been buying Hanna for 10 years. I simply don't understand how putting a character on PJs means the brand is going to hell in a hand basket. My older kids loved character PJs, and we only allow characters on PJs or when we're in Disney. I would've loved to have bought one or two quality, comfy pairs than multiple crappy ones that faded, pilled, and fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    I don't understand the uproar. Why can't characters be on nicely made PJs? These are more expensive, but they're not disposable clothing. My kids hate how the cheap PJs feel, and I hate how they are made.
    I agree with this, my kids love to get characters on their pjs, but the ones from Target only good for the first month. Hanna's ownership is trying to find a bigger market for their products. I'm glad they have diversified their styles a bit, if they hadn't, I don't think I would be able to convince my kids to keep wearing their clothes into elementary school.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I don't understand the uproar. Why can't characters be on nicely made PJs? These are more expensive, but they're not disposable clothing. My kids hate how the cheap PJs feel, and I hate how they are made.
    I kind of am with you on this. I buy Disney PJs when we go to Disney because my kids love to match each other and the theme. (Otherwise I'm not that into character stuff for everyday wear.) But honestly most of the licensed stuff is horrible quality, so its nice to see some nicer quality options if I'm willing to pay for them.

I guess I don't have a problem with a company being "commercial" though, since its a business and that's kind of the idea. If their mission was to offer unique and original designs then they've strayed. But if they changed owners and this is the direction they feel they'll be successful then so what? I don't think the existence of princess PJ's in their catalog would sway me from buying other things I like.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I saw the Cars PJs and felt like I was looking at a Target display. Ugh, Hanna, you seriously have jumped the shark.

One of the things I love about Hanna is no characters or words on clothing. So much for that.

But there is no way I will be boycotting my favorite kids' brand for this. My heart still belongs to Hanna!
    Last edited by citymama; 03-26-2013 at 02:35 PM.

for Sandy Hook

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've been buying Hanna for 10 years. I simply don't understand how putting a character on PJs means the brand is going to hell in a hand basket. My older kids loved character PJs, and we only allow characters on PJs or when we're in Disney. I would've loved to have bought one or two quality, comfy pairs than multiple crappy ones that faded, pilled, and fell apart.
    because I feel the same way about this. DS does have a lot of animal shirts from Boden but only one Cars tshirt (nice quality) and no other licensed stuff.

Now I'm off to see if there's anything boy/girl coordinated so they can match each other on our next trip.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This. My girls love the Disney princesses and I would MUCH prefer to spend $40 at Hanna to get a nice quality, comfy, cotton set than the $40 I spent at Disneyland for a polyester piece of crap. Hanna's claim to fame these days is their quality (at least that's how I see it).

Now, the only thing missing is nightgowns. My girls won't wear shorts or leggings for pajamas. They've gotta be girly to the Nth degree. Nightgowns, please, HA!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 03-26-2013 at 02:44 PM.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Forget the princess stuff; my DD is wild for Cars ...

Her life would be complete if they'd also make R2 jammies, but they just have the full cast.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh, of course you're right. But it does mark a big change for Hanna, one of the last character-free places we could shop! It's not like there's a shortage of Cars or Disney Princess stuff, you know? But there is a shortage of simple, soft, stripey clothing that kids can wear without advertizing a brand or a corporate owned character. I hope Hanna is still going to do as many character-free PJs this season as it usually does, rather than have the Disney PJs edge out the usual kinds. For many of us who have shopped at Hanna for years, paying a premium to do so, this is a significant change.

for Sandy Hook

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Oh, of course you're right. But it does mark a big change for Hanna, one of the last character-free places we could shop! It's not like there's a shortage of Cars or Disney Princess stuff, you know? But there is a shortage of simple, soft, stripey clothing that kids can wear without advertizing a brand or a corporate owned character. I hope Hanna is still going to do as many character-free PJs this season as it usually does, rather than have the Disney PJs edge out the usual kinds. For many of us who have shopped at Hanna for years, paying a premium to do so, this is a significant change.
    i guess i don't understand how having licensed character clothing devalues the rest of their non-character clothes. I didn't notice any difference from last year when Hanna did the Star Wars PJs. It's not like they contaminate the striped stuff, ya know? All we have from HA are non-character, striped PJs, LJs and playdresses/leggings (for DD) and i'm sure its going to be like that for a while..until HA starts making Thomas LJs, of course..then i'm in trouble.

I dunno, I don't feel like them having characters on some clothing makes the other clothing less valuable or whatnot..whatever is printed on HAnna is just not going to be equivalent to the character crap sold at Walmart. HA is opening more and more stores, and getting more and more popular so i'm sure this is part of that of them trying to appeal to a wider audience.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 03-26-2013 at 03:13 PM.

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't get it either. They're cute. My kids love Cars and Disney princesses but I hate cheap PJs. Best of both worlds, no? I hope these go on sale.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast