Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default "Winter Legs" need help for spring

After a long winter of snow, cold, tights and pants, I'm ready to wear a spring-y outfit for Easter (aka dress or skirt and no tights). What can I do for my ghastly winter legs to make them look presentable? I'm assuming hose are a huge 'no' unless you tell me otherwise.

luli13 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

http://www.sephora.com/self-tan-bron...?skuId=1256890

This is the best I've ever used. Looks completely natural and is easy to apply, dries quickly). I use it all year long (well, not in the later summer months).

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have not used it myself but know several people who swear by this Sally Hansen product. It comes in several shades.

http://www.amazon.com/Sally-Hansen-A...+airbrush+legs
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My theory is that everyone is in the same boat this time of year so I don't worry about it. No one is going to mind your paleness. If you mind it, then by all means look at the ideas above. :0

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My paleness is way worse than average lol. My BFF in high school used to tease me that I could put on a pair of white hose (remember when those were "in"), and say "gee, thanks for the tan." Yeah, I'm super pasty white.

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WitMom View Post
    My paleness is way worse than average lol. My BFF in high school used to tease me that I could put on a pair of white hose (remember when those were "in"), and say "gee, thanks for the tan." Yeah, I'm super pasty white.
    I've used the Sally Hansen spray listed above to make my legs have less of a blue hue (super pale here too!) Worked well for me.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WitMom View Post
    I too have really white (and veiny ) legs that I have been teased for. My kids even asked me to please cover them up because they were grossed out.

I use the St. Tropez mouse. I think it really does help. It does still have that smell though that I really dislike but it's worth it. I plan to use it for a work trip in a few weeks.
    DD
    DS

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by luli13 View Post
    http://www.sephora.com/self-tan-bron...?skuId=1256890

This is the best I've ever used. Looks completely natural and is easy to apply, dries quickly). I use it all year long (well, not in the later summer months).

Love this stuff! Make sure to exfoliate first, and don't put on body lotion. I usually like to use self tanner before going to bed, and wear grungy pajamas (the color washes out easily of clothes, but I'm always paranoid).
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Any kind of self tanner helps,IME. I hope to go bare legged too, but will do nude hose if I have to.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    My theory is that everyone is in the same boat this time of year so I don't worry about it. No one is going to mind your paleness. If you mind it, then by all means look at the ideas above. :0
    My concern is dryness. I am going to use a homemade exfoliator EXPERIMENT in a bit - mix a bunch of sugar with a little avocado and moisturizer to form a exfoliating paste. Rub in a circular motion over your legs. Leave on for a bit for the moisturizers to absorb, rinse off and shave. Moisturize again. Not worried about my paleness...everyone is in the same boat.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast