Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default I know there is more to parenting than

standing in line at the pharmacy.
    waiting for doctors.
    taking care of sick children.
    paying co-pays.

But it's hard to remember sometimes. Tuesday night DD2 gets gunky looking eyes. I take her in and she has sinus infection/ear infection, so another antibiotic.

Wednesday I FINALLY go in again for my sinus infection so another antibiotic for me. But because I was having pleurisy (sp?) I had to go all the way down to Urgent Care and wait there too, a total of three hours.

Yesterday DD1 has a slight fever and today she is crying for half an hour with no explanation before I catch her holding her ear. At the minute clinic they confirm an ear infection and call in another antibiotic for her. The NP is kind enough to peek in DS's ears but cannot prescribe anything, just advises me that he should also be seen.

So I take DS in to the after care ped's office where he is confirmed as having 1 full blown and 1 almost ear infection and given ANOTHER antibiotic.

Just to be clear that is FIVE separate office visits, four unique visits to the pharmacy and $150 just in co-pays. And this is just more of the same for us....croup, bronchiolitis, flu, cold after cold. Worst season ever.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

awww I am so sorry
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ugh, I'm so sorry. Agreed...this is the WORST season ever . I keep,telling myself its just a "normal" part of life, but sick kids are SO stressful for me!
    DC ~ 9
    DC ~ 7

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Uggggghhhhhhh. So sorry. This season does seem to be really bad for a lot of people.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

yikes, that is terrible! Hope you all are feeling better soon and that you can keep all those abx straight!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hope you are all on the mend soon and you can enjoy your weekend!
    K

Oh good gravy!!! There had to be a glass of wine or a bowl of ice cream at the end of THAT day!!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I feel your pain. My youngest is 19 months old, and I kid you not the longest he has gone without being sick is 3 weeks. He has severe asthma, and just can't catch a break. We keep hoping as he gets bigger he will be stronger to fight things off, but it is hard to gain weight when he is constantly sick.

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am sorry. And I agree that this is the worst season ever. I am sooooo done with it.

I'm so sorry! :-( That sounds awful.

I'm not sure if you've heard this before but my DS spent several months with an ear infection as an older infant (he's a needy one so his behavior wasn't out of the ordinary) a friend told me her doc had recommended putting saline drops in the nose every time DC had a cold and that would help avoid the EI. I kid you not, my ds has *never* again gotten another one. It's such a simple thing and maybe a nurse can tell us about the anatomy aspect. I simply kept saline nearby and put a couple drops in each nostril at diaper changes. I did this until DS was about 3-4yo. He's a healthy 6yo now.

Hugs and prayers for your family. That sounds tortorous.
    Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
    --Moses Maimonides

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast