Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Tips for chewing on crib rails!

Does anyone know of any safe ways to keep a teething 12 month old from chewing on the top of the crib sides? In just a few minutes she has chewed through some of the wood and I'm sure its not good for her. I hate to add anything to the crib but are there any options that are absolutely safe?
    TIA

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD1 did that. I took a cotton receiving blanket and folded it up the long way a few times and then attached it to the rail by wrapping it along the length with grosgrain ribbon I had on hand. That covered about a 24in section and did the trick. Since the ribbon was wrapped around several times down the length of the blanket and in between at least 5 or 6 crib slats it was on there very secure. It wasn't the prettiest thing but no one was going to see it but family and it didn't cost a thing.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    DD1 did that. I took a cotton receiving blanket and folded it up the long way a few times and then attached it to the rail by wrapping it along the length with grosgrain ribbon I had on hand. That covered about a 24in section and did the trick. Since the ribbon was wrapped around several times down the length of the blanket and in between at least 5 or 6 crib slats it was on there very secure. It wasn't the prettiest thing but no one was going to see it but family and it didn't cost a thing.
    We did something similar for DS1.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I can tell you what NOT to get:
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2332261
    DD quickly learned she could pull these off the crib and throw them accross her room.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We thankfully never had to deal with that, but I saw this idea of a DIY fleece rail cover on Pinterest: http://www.theaccidentalwallflower.c...ail-guard.html
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

We use the Leachco crib rail covers. They're soft and velcro on. DD is 17 months and hasn't figured out yet that they come off.