Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sorry sent too soon. At the exit a volunteer with a box of extra eggs would look in the bag and if they see the child only got a few, they would give them a couple extra. I think that's a great idea and nobody gets their feelings hurt AND they don't have to deal with the inconsiderate ones.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Like being good at 'egg hunting' is a skill. Pffffft.

Our town's egg hunt sounds so miserable, I hear more about crying kids than happy kids. I have never gone. My church had one today and it was great.... there was a small area for 5 and unders, and there were volunteers continually (subtly) dropping new eggs around toddlers so everyone would be sure to discover a few even after the initial rush.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

I admire your restraint. I think the mama bear in me might have slapped that lady. What a jerk.
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candybomiller View Post
    I admire your restraint. I think the mama bear in me might have slapped that lady. What a jerk.
    Darned straight.

I would be writing to the zoo and laying out all the ways they failed today, especially for the amount of money you payed. (and if you get no satisfaction that way in a timely fashion, share it on their Facebook page...)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Darned straight.

I would be writing to the zoo and laying out all the ways they failed today, especially for the amount of money you payed. (and if you get no satisfaction that way in a timely fashion, share it on their Facebook page...)
    I agree, I would definitely let them know what a crappy experience your family had. I don't go to the public ones anymore. The last one we went to was a neighborhood hunt and kids were opening the eggs to see what was inside then tossing them back down if they didn't want them. Of course their parents were gabbing away not paying any attention as usual! We just do them at home and my dc are perfectly happy.

Sorry again! Hope it didn't ruin your little ones day!

Ann

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What a miserable egg hunt experience. We have seen parents finding the golden eggs for their children, but nothing too extreme. The hunts we have been to all separate the children by age, similar to a PP. My girls hunted eggs (well collected since the eggs were all in plain sight) on the beach this morning in this type of set up.

We try to use rude behavior as a learning opportunity for our own DC.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We did our local egg hunt once. it was awful. Full of parents telling their 10 year old kids to grab the egg, as my not-quite 2 year old DS was starting to get it. he did get some, but mostly because I fought for them. Never again.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, too.
    Kris

Wow, that lady is a first class bitch! Sorry the egg hunt was such a disappointment.

I've stopped going to egg hunts. My kids have just as much fun looking for eggs in our yard. This year DD was sick, so I just hid them inside, and my kids had a blast finding the eggs. After they had opened the eggs, they gave them back to me to hide them again.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow, that sucks (sorry to use her words, though!!). She sounds like a piece of work. It does sound like these things tend to bring out the absolute worst in people. And i cannot imagine they charged $50 just to get in??? That is nuts. I would be mad too. I cannot imagine the gall of that lady though. If my school age kids had bags of eggs and there were clearly little one did not get any, i'd be making them share a few.

I have never taken my DC to any sort of public egg hunt, and this post makes me even more likely to never do it! It just sounds like something that would result in disappointment all around. At 2 and 3yo my kids could not compete with the older kids. The local ones do separate by age but there are always those kind of parents who sneak their 4/5 yos in the 2/3 yo group, so you can't win. The kids had one on Thursday at school, and then today bc it rained i just took the same empty eggs and did an "egg hunt" for them inside, in DD's room. they had a BLAST and kept asking to do it over and over..i think i must have done it 20 times. they had so much fun and it was super low key. Am reminding myself to keep it low key for future years. They were already hyped up enough on Thursday from all the candy they had in the eggs they got at school.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 03-31-2013 at 09:00 PM.

i will NEVER take my son to a public egg hunt. they sound sucky.

do your own in your back yard or arrange one with your friends.

we arranged our own with our local moms group. went well!
    glib-gabbety puke stockings.
    ds 11/09
    dd 10/13

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast