TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Shirts for long-torsoed DD?

Is there any brand in particular that makes longer shirts for long-torsoed kids? I can't size up too much because DD is otherwise very tiny, but her shirts are exposing her stomach when she raises her arms. She is currently in a 2T but I could probably go to a 3T.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Gymboree sells size 3 shirts in its kid girl section. I know those tend to fit longer than their 3T size. Aside from that, I'm not too sure. My DD has a long torso and wears size 5...I find it difficult too.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I also suggest Gymbo. I have/had three long torsoed kids, one of whom is tiny. Gymbo shirts fit him the best.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AJP View Post
    Gymboree sells size 3 shirts in its kid girl section. I know those tend to fit longer than their 3T size. Aside from that, I'm not too sure. My DD has a long torso and wears size 5...I find it difficult too.

We had that issue when DD was 2 as well. Moved to size 3 tops in Gymboree (vs 2T or 3T) and those shirts had more length, but weren't bigger overall. Now (at age 4.5), she consistently wears her shirts one size bigger than her pants in order to get that extra length. Doesn't seem to be a problem for dresses or often even sweaters, but shirts she needs that extra length.

I agree with Gymboree 3 (not 3T - they're short and boxy), also Children's Place runs narrow, so you could probably size up in those to get length and not have them running too baggy. My DD1 is slender for her height and a lot of her height is in her torso, so that's where we've had the best luck over the years.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13