Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Binkandabee View Post
    Our dog had a round of diarrhea this past week and we did the same thing....Folex followed by hot water in the carpet cleaner and it worked well.

Sorry your kitty is sick. It's no fun Fortunately there are meds they can give, and they do work!
    See,t hat's the other thing. i don't wanna call the vet, cuz I can't get out of there for less than $300 if I'm lucky no matter what I go in for. If I call they'll just tell me to bring him in, and I'm not doing it. He goes in every 3 months for bloodwork ($400) cuz he's on prednisilone for his bowel disease, and he JUST last week had his tests and he was fine. 100% really fine. So, I just want to know what to give him, and I don't wanna bring him in to do it. That's awful, I know, and if I hadn't just gotten his work back from last week I'd be in like a shot, but the bill last week cuz there was also a dentistry was $700,a nd we have to be strategic about when we bring the cats in as a result. Pepto shot down his throat? Not sure. I may give in and call.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

For the stain you can try peroxide a couple teaspoons of baking soda and a squirt of hand soap. Let it sit covered and then vacuum. Or you could run out and buy a Spot Bot or rent a carpet cleaning machine.

I know you can safely give a dog Pepto but not sure about a cat.

Sorry you're dealing with this, been there, not fun!
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have read of many people having success with cat diarrhea by feeding the cat some canned pumpkin. Our vet said to try it (we were at our wits end) but my cat wouldn't touch it. No idea if there is a specific amount to give....

cntrymoon2 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Do NOT give your cat Pepto. There are many human meds that are safe for dogs and not cats. Can you explain to your vet that you just dropped $700 last week and you want to know if there is anything over the counter they can recommend?

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thx, no pepto. I didn't know this so good info.

I broke down and called the vet, and we're there now. My poor kitty is really sick. He has inflamatory bowel and is on regular meds. He's 13.5. Hoping this 8s an illness that's treatable and not a flare up cuz I don't wanna deal with this again, he feels so yucky. And the car9et is gonna need a professional, so I have a call into them, too.

Waiting on the blood tests to see if pancreatitis is possible. Thx for the advice, all.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Scrape/blot off as much as You can with Plastc spoon and paper towels. then Fairly strong solution of oxyclean (saturate abd wait for a few minutes) followed by a mix of vinegar, dish soap, and water to rinse, blot as dry as possible I use mf auto. Towels or cotton rags) , then rinse with water vinegar and blot again. If it still smells use enzyme cleaner.

I hope your kitty feels better soon. We lost our elderly kitty a few months ago after a decline so I have all too much experience with cleanup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2