Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You could also look at the songs on the two most recent Kidzbops CDs and get the actual, clean versions. They're generally a pretty good indicator of what the kids are listening to, at least based on my DD and her friends. 22 and 23 are the most recent.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We like the Radio Disney compilations. I think volume 13 is the most recent.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You could have dd make the playlist.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You'll want to look for "radio edit" versions of songs that could have explicit lyrics if you want to avoid KidzBop.

More than that, my usual suggestion is Weird Al, but I don't think he's put an album out since Poodle Hat, though he's got a few new parodies out online.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    You could have dd make the playlist.
    You're probably right!

I played some of the clips on the Kidz Bop CDs from Amazon and DD knew most of the ones on #22 and a couple on #23. I recognized some of #22 from what they play at her cheer class, too. So, those are probably good song choices and I can put something together from that.

As an added bonus, I apparently bought the Kidz Bop 22 when it was $3.99 back in August . I think I should do something with that. DD would like it, I am sure.
    Kris

One more question...

So far, we just add random songs to their mp3 players. DD requests them and DS1 has just listened to whatever DH puts on (The Who, Boston, etc). For a birthday gift, is it better to buy the CD and then transfer the songs to his mp3 player? I can wrap a CD. If you just do the digital version, what do you do to make it a gift?
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    You'll want to look for "radio edit" versions of songs that could have explicit lyrics if you want to avoid KidzBop.

More than that, my usual suggestion is Weird Al, but I don't think he's put an album out since Poodle Hat, though he's got a few new parodies out online.
    http://www.amazon.com/Alpocalypse/dp...words=weird+al
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post

When I look for 'radio edit' versions, I get a ton. How do I pick? I'm in Amazon, as we are not an iHouse.
    Kris

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just wanted to mention that Common Sense media reviews music, too.
    http://www.commonsensemedia.org/music-lists
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

Is radio Disney available in your area? Our is an AM station but my 9 year old DD "loves" the music. That could guide you in in what to buy. I listen to older stuff and Christian music so I don't know what's in but my husband listens to popular stuff on XM and the kids like about half of the stuff on the top 40 type stations on XM.
    My 9 y/o is also begging for "Kids bop 23" the new one they advertise on tv. I'd prefer the songs by the real artists too but it's a nice variety of songs all on one CD.
    Our library has tons of kids and tween CDs. Most can be copied to iTunes if you have iPods and use it. A lot of times my girls want 1 or 2 songs from a tv show or movie and the library is great for this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2