Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Congratulations and thank you for your ideas! DD has nearly the same issues--she has been constipated since BEFORE starting on solids, and is daytime pee trained but refuses to go anywhere near the potty for pooping, requests a pull-up, and wants to be left alone in her room to poop. I am going to try having her sit on the potty with her pull up on.
    I didn't go into a ton of detail above but I would have greenbean wear his diaper with his clothes over it (which is how he used to like to poop) and told him he only had to just put his but down on top of the toilet lid and then get right up. I demonstrated and made it silly and funny for him. I did some squats to show him in a funny way how fast he could be. then he could jump up and run away to poop in peace. After a week or two of that I asked if he would sit long enough for me to run around the house singing a goofy song. It was less than 30 seconds i think. I sang it really loud and in a silly voice and when I got back to the potty, he could get up and run away and poop.

That is how it started. I made sure he was comfortable sitting there. The room was warm and clean and he had a step stool to rest his feet on while sitting there. He always had the option of playing iPod/ipad games when he was there- even for the 30 seconds it took me to run around singing. I always had to make it fun and silly and stressless. It's so hard, isn't it?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Oh Congrats! That is such awesome news!!!
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wonderful news! Congrats to you both, and kudos to you for helping him through it.
    DS age 9

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

HOORAY!!!! I've used the blob of Vaseline trick too on our DD2 who has also been on long-term Miralax! It definitely helps lubricate (I also push it in a bit) but then there's also just the psychological reassurance that the "vaseline will help it come out easier", which is half the battle

GREAT news! Definitely worth a little celebrating!

Yay for success!

Catherine

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i'm *thrilled* for both of you! it sounds like the steps you asked of him were sooo teeny, and i'm so glad it worked!
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That's great!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Awesome! I've been there. My neuro-typical DD refused to poop on the potty for 1.5+ after being pee trained.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Yay for Greenbean and to you for sticking with it and being so wonderfully patient with him! You're an awesome mom!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wonderful news! So happy for you...we went through something similar w DS and it was consuming and exhausting. I'm so glad you are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel!
    DC ~ 9
    DC ~ 7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast