Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    I don't think it's odd at all. Why can't a guy have a guys-only
    birthday night out?

Women do it all the time!!
    My friends and I do girls-only birthday dinners.

But I'm sorry OP that you were left and feeling unhappy about that.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreTheFocus View Post
    Thanks for allowing my b!tch It was nice to read after 2 pages. Yes, I was just feeling lonely and left out and irked. Dh was out for almost 7 hrs for this thing. And he is out 2 weekday nights every week, too. So to be left on a Saturday was the straw for me.
    Seven hours is a long time! It's definitely your turn for some girl time OR for some family time OR for some couple time--you should get to choose.

Catherine

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for allowing my b!tch It was nice to read after 2 pages. Yes, I was just feeling lonely and left out and irked. Dh was out for almost 7 hrs for this thing. And he is out 2 weekday nights every week, too. So to be left on a Saturday was the straw for me.
    What?!?!? You didn't say 7 hours in your OP! That would irk me to no end, and I understand your bitch now. I can see 3, maybe 4, but 7 is unreasonable.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by elliput View Post
    What?!?!? You didn't say 7 hours in your OP! That would irk me to no end, and I understand your bitch now. I can see 3, maybe 4, but 7 is unreasonable.
    Totally understand the bitch now. I say it's your turn to have 7 hours to yourself. I'm thinking spa and shopping should be about that long!

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I would be happy for my husband to do this for his birthday, truly. I mean, if he refused to have a special meal and cake at home with me and the kids I would obviously have an issue! But being a husband and daddy is stressful and doing something with the guys once in awhile, even having a late night out is a good break! I want to do the same with my girlfriends and around each birthday we try to acknowledge by going out to eat or at least dessert.
    Same here. If Dh wanted to go out with the guys for his bday I'd be pushing him out the door. He always never hangs out with coworkers. And neither of us are into having bday parties for ourselves, so that would be a big deal for him!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

I wouldn't have posted, but you did ask if it was odd, and I really don't think it is. But I am sorry you felt left out. I hope he treated you well today...and DEFINITELY plan a fab girls night out soon!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Every year I email a couple of my DH's guy friends to plan an guys-only baseball outing for his bday. So I don't think it's odd at all - I mean, we have girls' night out, right?

But this is the BP, and I wonder if he didn't do something else *with the family* to celebrate his bday?? Cuz yeah, that'd be weird to me. We will go as a family out to dinner to celebrate DH's bday. And his guys' night out is his bday gift.

eta: just read the 7 hour thing - I still don't think that's weird. But, I totally get the feeling lonely thing, esp since it sounds like you are with the kiddos most nights.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 04-07-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Saturday night is commonly a date night, so for guys to pick that night to get together is a little weird. But since it's a one time thing, I would grit my teeth and bear it.

DH used to have a group of friends that got together for games every Sat night, and I told him that he needed to fix that - Sat night is MY night. Especially since it was at OUR house all the time. Turned out that one of the guys had a wife who wanted him out of the house. I told DH that this wasn't my problem!

I do have a group of friends that gets together once a month, and sometimes the only time available is Sat. night. When that happens, I make sure DH has enough warning so he can make plans to do things with the guys, if he wants. And sometimes I just don't go.

Be sure to talk to your husband and let him know that you were uncomfortable. This is obviously a case where you 2 have different expectations, and it would be better to discuss them now, even if you don't come to an agreement, so that there will be fewer surprises down the road. You and he may need to set up mutual "no go zones". DH's office sometimes gets together at a local bar after work on Fridays. I pointed out to him that a lot of single people go there on the weekends as well. We now have a rule that neither of us will be there after 7 on Friday, unless we are together.

I suspect that some things will change after our baby shows up, but by having some guidelines in place in advance, I am hoping to avoid a few meltdowns when I am suffering sleep deprivation .
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3