gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default A non-bitch: We have neighbor kids!

I have felt terrible guilt for Gator for the past 3 years. Since we moved to our new town he has had no neighborhood kids to play with. It hasn't been a big deal for my other kids. Cha cha is not terribly sociable and would be content to hang out with Gator all day, and the twins have each other but gator has always liked hanging out with other boys his age. And our rental house had none around.

But yesterday all the kids were outside playing in the mud and puddle and some neighborkids came over. They're yard is adjacent to our property and the family has 9yo boy/girl twins, a 5yo daughter and toddler boy. Gator said he likes playing with both the boy and girl. He was so happy. The boy twin said there is only one other boy their age in the neighborhood. But they all got along great and I could hear them all talking together and the neighbor kids were so gentle.

And oh my gosh, sisi will be thrilled to have another little girl nearby to play with. She's sociable too.

So much of my guilt is gone. Even DH was choked up to see Gator so happy. I think we are going to be happy here.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yay!!! We had 2 boys move in across the street 2 years ago and it has been fantastic!

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That's great, Lisa. It's so amazing to have nice kids in the neighborhood. I'm so glad for your kids!
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Awesome! Neighbor kids are the best!
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

That's wonderful! That's been the hardest part of our move--leaving neighbor kids behind. But we have a third grade boy moving in next door next month. Fingers crossed everyone gets along.

Catherine

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm tearing up for you (maybe pms related) but that's so awesome!! I hope that happens for us as well-somewhere, sometime!

Yay! We are fortunate to live in a cul de sac with a lot of kids. Everyday it is nice and even in the evening after pickup from daycare, DD will ask "friends outside?"

It's great!

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Awwwwww yay! I'm really happy for y'all.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

AWESOME! Having neighborhood friends is SO great! It is one of the huge reasons we have had a hard time thinking about moving from this apartment. We have a number of children just on our block.... they all play together and move from one house to the next. It will be such a bummer if we move and there are no children on our block!

SO GREAT!

We just moved into a small complex of townhouse-style duplexes set in a long, T-shaped driveway. There's one kiddo that's a year behind DD, and then the other kids are in high school. On a good/bad note, there are 4 (out of 8) units open. Here's to hoping we get another girl or two close to DD's age. We finally have an area where DD can play outside without worrying about cars and such, now just need to get her some playmates!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)