Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

aside from toys which they tend to get bored with after a few days, i've found the simpler the better. i brought some bubble wrap (big size) from work home one night, and they both spent a solid 30 minutes playing/stomping with it. the other day while i was cooking and dh was OOT, ig ave each kid a set of measuring spoons (on a ring)..they both spent 20 minutes running around the halls clattering and clanging them, like it was the coolest thing. at this age, doesn't have to be complicated.

as for toys, my kids play every day with Thomas trains/train table. I just got them a talking Dora dollhouse for Easter, and they both got really into it (even my DS). Duplos are also a huge hit (though messy, pieces get everywhere and it hurts like hell when you step on one! ) oh and yesterday my kids had a blast with the Playskool ball popper.

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Mega bloks
    Building forts/mountains, tunnels etc with pillows, blankets & stuffed animals
    iPad
    "Cooking" stirring macaroni, rice, etc.
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree with simple, and breaking out things that aren't "toys". That's what keeps my girls' attention (they get bored with toys REALLY easily). I save empty containers with lids and take a bunch out when they get bored - they find all sorts of things to do with them...use them as drums, sort their tinkertoy shapes into various containers, etc.

Aluminum foil is always a blast, as is plastic wrap (supervised of course for the 2yo).

Empty boxes are always a blast. Take a big one and cut a "door" in it (leave the "hinge" side attached) and it's a winner! Give them crayons and markers to decorate their "house".

Old sheets are always fun - the girls love to either spread them on the floor, or drape them over furniture to make tents, or even just fluff them on the floor, parachute style, and then go jumping into the bubble of air (fitted sheets work best for this).

Other ideas - get some mylar balloons from the dollar store and weight them so that they float but don't float up and away - loads of fun. Bouncy balls are fun too (and I allow the girls to let them bounce down the stairs so long as they are sitting at the top first). Ribbon...for some reason ribbon is always a hit. They run around tying and wrapping it around everything! They especially like the wider grosgrain ribbon and I cut it in a long enough length for them to do some good wrapping...wrapping the banister on the stairs is always a hit.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 04-09-2013 at 10:31 AM.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD (3 yrs old) is currently loving my old My Little Pony toys; I have 3 "adults" and 1 "baby." She loves them so much that I've bought her one for her very own.

She's also into Matchbox and other die-cast cars, her pirate hat & sword, playsilks, her Minnie Mouse dresses, and DH's lacrosse stick. (She mostly uses it as a stick-horse.)

Fridge magnets have been a big hit with her since about 2.5 yrs old, but I'd tread carefully if your 2 y/o still mouths stuff.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Stickers and a piece of paper to stick them on keeps her busy forever. She also loves to look through the kitchen cabinets. iPad and her little ride on toy.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2