Default PEZ Visitor Center report (near New Haven CT off I-95)

I mentioned on a recent thread about a visit to CT that I was planning on going to the PEZ Factory. We went today. I would not drive from New Hampshire just to go there, but if you are passing through and looking for somewhere to stop, it was fun and a nice little spring break outing for us. It is just a few minutes off I-95 in Orange CT, outside New Haven. Conveniently the same exit as Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Costco, and the LLBean Outlet

My 2.5 year old was the very bottom limit of kid's interest - he loved the PEZ dispensers under the floor, and the giant moving dispenser at the entrance. My friend had 2 12 year olds and an 8 year old with her, and they were a perfect age for it.

We were able to see the production area through windows. Being a weekday, there were actually people working but there were signs indicating that there is no production on weekends or holidays. It was hard to tell what they were doing but I liked the fact that you could smell the Pez wafting under the doorway.

Unless you are a big-time PEZ collector, the most time you would spend would be an hour. It is mostly a glorified gift shop but there are lots of interesting displays to read about the history of PEZ.

Admission is $5 adults, $4 kids 3-12, under 3 free. You get $2 credit for the gift shop with each admission, and the basic PEZ dispensers are $2.

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the report!
    I love visiting factories like that.

AND there's a WF and LLB Outlet nearby?!? That does sound like a destination for me! Add in the IKEA down there and it might make it worth the 4 hour drive for this store-deprived mama. LOL
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks for the review. I forgot this was in CT but sounds like I should wait until the kids are older.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12