mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Canadians - Where to buy kids shoes online?

I'm trying to get all my kids sandals online this year. Ordered 2 prs for DD1 from Lands End at the recent sale. It came out to $21 a pair which is way less than I typically spend. I was very pleased . Unfortunately, they didn't have anything I liked in toddler sizes for my little two. They are a size 10 or 11.

I'm trying to get a better deal than what they have at The Shoe Company or Globo. I also tried SoftMoc and there wasn't much there.

Any other good US sites that ship to Canada at a reasonable cost?
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

Have you checked L. L. Bean? They have free shipping to Canada.

Also, Amazon US shipping fees to Canada aren't too steep, but then you might get charged duty upon arrival of the package (I'm not sure, though, since I haven't had Amazon.com mail to Canada). I just bought DD a pair of Keen Whisper sandals for $27 (last year's colour) but I had them shipped to family in the U.S. Shipping for one pair to Canada would have been $8.95 or something, which would still make the sandals much cheaper than they are in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_pea View Post
    Have you checked L. L. Bean? They have free shipping to Canada.

Also, Amazon US shipping fees to Canada aren't too steep, but then you might get charged duty upon arrival of the package (I'm not sure, though, since I haven't had Amazon.com mail to Canada). I just bought DD a pair of Keen Whisper sandals for $27 (last year's colour) but I had them shipped to family in the U.S. Shipping for one pair to Canada would have been $8.95 or something, which would still make the sandals much cheaper than they are in Canada.
    Thanks!

I always forget about LL Bean because their prices are a bit high and I always forget to keep my eyes out for a sale. Unfortunately nothing there at the moment.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for Amazon sales too. Didn't realize that you can get shoes for kids there.

I ended up buying my little two sandals from LE. DD1's arrived and they were super cute and fit really nicely. Her sisters did not stop asking if they could also get ones like that. I wanted to get them closed toe but they insisted they wouldn't wear them if I did so I decided not to fight with them and just ordered exactly what they wanted! Now they are eagerly waiting for them to arrive . I love how quickly they ship because the stuff is already in Canada so you don't need to wait for things to sit at customs.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

I rarely buy shoes for DS online here because, like you, I just am not seeing the savings over B&M stores. But I have ordered shoes for him from the US Amazon. They do charge duty but the shipping isn't too bad, and if you can catch a sale you might end up paying slightly less ordering from Amazon vs. buying in-store in Canada. Things are just so much more expensive up here.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I saw this late, but I've ordered quite a few pairs of from Tiny Soles. I'm a sucker for free shipping to Canada!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
    I saw this late, but I've ordered quite a few pairs of from Tiny Soles. I'm a sucker for free shipping to Canada!
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out in the fall when we'll need 4 new pairs of sneakers for school plus 4 pairs of dress shoes...

My girls wore their LE sandals to synagogue on Saturday for the first time, now that we finally have warm weather, and I got so many compliments about how cute they were. Everyone was asking me where I got them .
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6