Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Snap 4 Arrived

Default Snap 4 Arrived

I'll post some pics in a bit, but first impressions.

Negatives first. Really disliking the harness so far. I think there's a learning curve and it will be fine, but it's different than any other I've seen before and seems more complicated than it needs to be. I know the other poster who got hers last week complained about the logo on the buckle and I concur. It's really odd since it's not their usual logo and it looks out of place.

I'm not sure how I feel about the silver. Duller than I was expecting. Wishing maybe I'd gone with black. Also iffy on the purple color I chose. While I didn't want it to be too light, it's darker, but I wish it was brighter. Just me being picky. I was originally going to go with the hot pink as I really liked it in the online pics, but didn't so much when I saw a pic of it at the baby expo on their FB page. Assuming that was more accurate, I went with the purple. Might grow on me but I can always buy the pink later, I suppose.

Seat fabric... It's nylon like. I prefer jogging style strollers to have that. Practical maybe for cleaning, but not soft. Definitely would prefer more padding. The Uppababy G-Luxe has much nicer padding, IMO.

Positives... I'm impressed with the quality. It's really sturdy for a lightweight stroller. Put it together easily. Looks really nice. The seat area is very spacious. Despite the G-luxe having more padding, this seat is much more upright and I can tell already my baby likes it better. The bar is great. She's already been holding on to it and now putting her feet on it. I like the basket accessibility. Handle bar is nice. Good is great. Like the peek-a-boo window. The way you can make it expand is really cool. Pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to adjust the seat. I usually dislike this type of recline, but Valco made it simple. Push is smooth.

Haven't folded it yet, but now baby is getting fussy so we'll see.

Still haven't completely figured out the harness, but now that I've put on the lilac hood, I'm feeling better about my color combo. I'm confused as to why mine did not come with a boot and I will be contacting Valco about that. It did come with the harness covers but I haven't put them on yet. In comparing it to the G-luxe, the Snap 4 makes the G-luxe feel very much like an umbrella stroller where the Snap 4 really is a full featured, yet light, standard stroller. However due to it's lightness and easy fold, unfold, I wouldn't feel bad about it being my lightest weight stroller. ****Never mind! Boot was in the box still. Oops.

Pics Ignore background clutter

Really like this feature. Not flimsy at all

Fully reclined (not flat though but equal to the G-luxe, IMO)

Fully reclined with expandahood
    Last edited by Annyeb; 04-19-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Snap 4 vs. '13 Gluxe

This is where I see a huge difference. You would think there was a bigger weight difference than there is. While carrying them both, I don't feel a HUGE difference in the 4lb difference.

Fully reclined

Baby is 8 months, about 28" and 19lbs

Fully reclined (not happy)

To compare the fit

Seems more secure in the Snap 4

Both with the expandable hoods down but baby was messing with the Gluxe one

My 35ishlb, 40" 4yo

Sorry for all the posts but I'm limited to 7 in a post!

Both have standing folds

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

oh no...i can't see the pics.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks! This is great. I WANT one!!

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I can't see the pics
    Shandelle
    Proud mom to Dallin 10/03 Maddie 1/06 Zoey 4/10 Sadie 7/13

Yes, not sure why they're not showing up now? Might have to just make a link to an album if they continue not showing

Thanks. Cute baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast