Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

good grief that is a full plate. I hope your sister gets through this well and that the boyfriend either moves on or gets better fast!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

But wait! There's more!

So, apparently, Dad & my brother Joe have been texting my sister about moving out. She claimed that neither of them told her ANYTHING about having to move out, so I went back to my brother and told him he could do his own dirty work.

Then I gave them her latest number, which I wasn't sure they had, and told them if they weren't contacting her at that number, they were wasting their time.

However, I would like to know what exactly ran through her head after Dad got (re-)married in March. I mean, it's customary for married people to live together, correct? And if one of them owns their house outright (or is very close to it) and the other is in foreclosure, it would make sense to move into the home with more security, correct? And if your adult child living at home with her two children doesn't realize that married people live together, maybe you had better enlighten her a lot earlier than 2 weeks out from the drop-dead, final, move-out date? (So, what I'm saying is, both my sister and my father are at fault in this situation.)

My dad spent most of last week (group) texting my brothers, sister-in-law, and me asking what he should do about our sister.

We all told him the same thing.

He continued to report that she refused to treat either him or his new wife with respect. (Which is probably true considering the fact that my sister is a real b!tch sometimes, especially when she doesn't like someone. She doesn't like Dad's new wife. Of course, she never liked anyone Dad went out with, making the rest of us think that she was still holding out hope that Mom and Dad would get back together. She has been downright hostile to all SO/step-whatevers since both of our parents re-entered the dating pool in 1994.)

THEN he talks about how he's so worried for the babies.

We ALL (brothers, sister-in-law, and I) told him if he's so worried about the babies he should stop coddling their mother. If it bothers him that she'll be homeless, then he should get an order of custody from the county and she can sort out the legal stuff on her own.

He kept trying to talk it out with her.

She's supposed to have moved fully out of the house by tonight.

So far, no texts, which may mean it's going well ... or it may mean he's too exhausted and saddened by the fallout to do anything.

On top of my blood-family drama, my BFF's family is going through a rough patch with her sister. Who should be committed to a psychiatric facility for evaluation, medication, therapy, and other treatment ... rather than allowing her to self-check-into a state facility and talk her way out of it. (They sent her home, without meds or a plan for treatment, to her codependent and rose-coloured glasses mama. This is NOT a good thing.)

FOLLOWING A SUICIDE ATTEMPT.

The sole bright spot this week?

My BFF & her BF got engaged, so at least there's some fun to look forward to. (They may remain engaged indefinitely or they may actually go through with a wedding. It's still early yet & we'll see. I've volunteered DD as a flower girl if BFF is so inclined.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Oh good lord.
    I was hoping an update would be better news...
    But YAY for your BFF!!!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Thanks.

It's gone from a lame episode of Montel to problems of Maury-proportions. Or Springer. Or ... "reality" TV.

Only I am not getting any product endorsements or fun tabloid photos out of it.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Oh my it really has gone from bad to worse. But I don't get it. Sis lives in dads house & he texted her that she needs to move out? Why not just tell her?
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

I'm speechless.

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by ShanaMama View Post
    Oh my it really has gone from bad to worse. But I don't get it. Sis lives in dads house & he texted her that she needs to move out? Why not just tell her?
    Once my grandmother was settled in the nursing home in February, dad moved in with his new wife, hence my sister still living in the house without Dad and needing to be texted or called.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

That is a lot. Sorry you are going through all of that.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh yah, that is a lot of stress that you have no control
    over. That always makes me feel more stressed. I hope you sister moves out ok and to a nice long term place for her and her kids.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ShanaMama View Post
    Even though they are not living in the same house I think your Dad should have called her or dropped by to tell your sis in person that she needed to move out rather than texting her. Texting her is a bit gutless and by having a conversation with her he would have known she got the message. I'm guessing though that either he is not good at setting limits with her or doesn't like confrontation in general or both. Your sister is taking advantage of the situation and should have expected to have to move out at some point. The more direct approach may have saved some drama when sis claims that it is unreasonable for her to find somewhere to live on such short notice.

Sorry this is your family drama not a TV show.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast