Default Ugh I am so ticked off!

I am so upset. We were struggling with an issue in DS's preschool room, we had tried to brush it off, but it was getting worse. I finally decided to go to the director to discuss and get his input. I asked that it be kept confidential. He promised to not use our names, and said other families had also brought up the issue. He said he would say something like "a few families have mentioned xyz...."

This was a week ago. This morning I open my email, and there is an email to me & DH from the director, following up on the issue--and he has cc'd Teacher A!! I can't believe he did this. I immediately called him, he said he kept it confidential while discussing the changes with Teacher B last week, and then he just messed up and added Teacher A on his email to me. So he never even talked directly to Teacher A about the issue--the first she will hear from him is in this email.

I made it extremely clear to him that the reason I held off in talking with him is because I didn't want any chance of making things worse. So much for that.

I don't know if this even makes sense, I am just too mad to think clearly!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I hate when that happens. I sent an email to ds2's teacher last year- about something I thought she and I could work out- and she replied and cc'ed all the 4yo teachers and the director. The director blew it out of proportion. It was so dumb.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I get it and hate when that happens. Really irresponsible.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

That's pretty bad. We have all made email mistakes (at least I certainly have) but when someone has expressly requested confidentiality, you really need to be extra careful!

Catherine

Thanks. I feel like I'm going to feel awkward & uncomfortable around Teacher A forever (DS has her for 1.5 more years!). And we already had not the best relationship with her.

Ugh ugh ugh.

blisstwins is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Awful. WOuld addressing it directly with the teacher at this point help?

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

ARGH that is so bad I am so sorry!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by blisstwins View Post
    Awful. WOuld addressing it directly with the teacher at this point help?
    The director suggested this--since the cat is out of the bag, everyone sitting down and discussing the concerns. I just felt it would look like backpedaling at this point. But I HATE confrontation, so that's part of my hesitance as well. So we'll see how ignoring it goes.

DH is doing drop off today (first drop off since the email) he said he is planning to act totally normal. He's a bigger person than me. I don't think I'd be able to make eye contact with her!

I'm just worried she's going to hold it against us, and DS He was already getting the short end of the stick in certain activities.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreTheFocus View Post
    I am so upset. We were struggling with an issue in DS's preschool room, we had tried to brush it off, but it was getting worse. I finally decided to go to the director to discuss and get his input. I asked that it be kept confidential. He promised to not use our names, and said other families had also brought up the issue. He said he would say something like "a few families have mentioned xyz...."

This was a week ago. This morning I open my email, and there is an email to me & DH from the director, following up on the issue--and he has cc'd Teacher A!! I can't believe he did this. I immediately called him, he said he kept it confidential while discussing the changes with Teacher B last week, and then he just messed up and added Teacher A on his email to me. So he never even talked directly to Teacher A about the issue--the first she will hear from him is in this email.

I made it extremely clear to him that the reason I held off in talking with him is because I didn't want any chance of making things worse. So much for that.

I don't know if this even makes sense, I am just too mad to think clearly!
    UGH! I had something similar happen to me in high school when I asked to transfer to a different math class during the same time period, due to an issue with the teacher. The guidance counselor would NOT let me transfer (and honestly, I don't see how she could have denied it to me, she was basically being difficult) and instead called the teacher in and made me confront the teacher as to why I wanted to transfer out of the class. I was really, really upset that I was put in that spot and what made it worse was that I was a very shy student and had never had a run in with a teacher before, so I felt like I was shark bait. My parents should have been involved, but they are the types who think that if there is a problem, it's the student, not the teacher, so they would not have backed me up (this teacher was infamous for giving D's and F's to 90% of the class, I got a C and that was the highest grade in the class, and I had NEVER gotten a C, ever in my life and my parents would have killed me if I got a C, the crappy teacher told me I should be happy with a C). Anyway, I was very upset with my guidance counselor (who was also a jerk when it came time for college apps), but she begrudgingly, after having me confront the crappy math teacher (who was also a NEIGHBOR of ours!!!), and basically doing nothing but putting me in a bad spot. She actually told me that *I* was putting her in an uncomfortable position with my request to transfer classes! WTF, just do your damn job is what I wanted to tell her, and this is exactly what I would tell your preschool teacher. Thankfully, the other math teacher was wonderful and I managed to pull my grade up to a B with what was left of the semester, had I started out in her class, I would have gotten an A. ALL of my classmates from the crappy class asked me how I got to transfer, but I got the last spot in the other class, so they were all stuck with the crappy teacher. He was a tenured teacher, who didn't give a crap.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    That's pretty bad. We have all made email mistakes (at least I certainly have) but when someone has expressly requested confidentiality, you really need to be extra careful!

Catherine
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!