Default Nasty & gross (tmi)

I went for a laser treatment today & the woman was kind enough to take care of some nose hair while doing my lip. Never mind the fact that lasering nose hair should be outlawed under the Geneva convention. I think it's up there with waterboarding. But now I have the smell of burnt hair *in* my nose. And it won't go away.
    Nasty, nasty & gross.

But it is nice to be hairless.
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ShanaMama View Post
    I went for a laser treatment today & the woman was kind enough to take care of some nose hair while doing my lip. Never mind the fact that lasering nose hair should be outlawed under the Geneva convention. I think it's up there with waterboarding. But now I have the smell of burnt hair *in* my nose. And it won't go away.
    Nasty, nasty & gross.

But it is nice to be hairless.
    Gross! However, I totally want to do this. Rogue nose hairs are the worst. Unfortunately I know this all too well.
    Hopefully the temporary pain and smell will be all worth it!
    DD
    DS

I think lasering in general is totally worth it. I held out for so long because I was worried about it. But now I'm happy I jumped on the bandwagon. But my nose? Um no. Now I see she actually did the whole lower area of my nose. Last time she just did the icky areas that stick out sometimes. I think this was really too much.
    ~Shanamama

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Plucking the nose hairs makes me cry, plus my eyes are getting older and I can't see them when they are small, so I look like Chewbacca before I realize how bad it is. I want to do the laser SO badly, no matter how awful it is.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am going for my first laser treatment (lip) next week. I am not at all brave enough for my nose hair though.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That stinks. Is there any way you can get a hold of some peppermint oil? I would take a few whiffs of that. It may be strong enough to get rid of the burnt hair smell. I always feel nauseous when I smell that kind of smell.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMolly View Post
    Plucking the nose hairs makes me cry, plus my eyes are getting older and I can't see them when they are small, so I look like Chewbacca before I realize how bad it is. I want to do the laser SO badly, no matter how awful it is.
    I'm sorry, your post just made me laugh. I'm picturing Chewbacca squinting in the mirror with a tweezers. Thank you.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    I am going for my first laser treatment (lip) next week. I am not at all brave enough for my nose hair though.
    Lip isn't that pleasant either because te smell is right there under your nose. But at least once its over, it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    That stinks. Is there any way you can get a hold of some peppermint oil? I would take a few whiffs of that. It may be strong enough to get rid of the burnt hair smell. I always feel nauseous when I smell that kind of smell.
    I ended up putting on perfume & just sniffing my wrists every so often.
    ~Shanamama

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I'm sorry, your post just made me laugh. I'm picturing Chewbacca squinting in the mirror with a tweezers. Thank you.
    you're welcome!

Sadly it is soooooo true...
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10