Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    How much time do you have to wait for the 90 to come out, and do you need more than one seat (like, one for each car)? .
    Our almost 9 month old is in a chicco infant car seat with the belt in the highest harness, he is either at or below the belt and head is def below the top of the infant car seat. i can't remember the parameters of when it's considered "outgrown" off hand.. does anyone know?

Does anyone know the Buy it now price for the Frontier 90 and the best online store to buy one? I'm in CA so no tax makes a big difference!

Also, does anyone know how I confirm when my Marathon and chicco car seat should be retired?

Thanks everyone!!

Seems the 90 came out way earlier than I expected, so that's cool, and I think I've seen some announcements that it's $210, which is amazing, so google around, unless someone posts a direct link for ya.

Your Chicco is outgrown when your kiddo's head is one inch from the top. For my girl that was 30 inches and 20 pounds at almost a year, so you might have a little time.

Chiccos are 6 years from date of manufacture, Britaxes with the 65lb limit are 6 years, 70lb limit are 7 years.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Default Traveling seat

Hi Jools,

Thanks for the great advice. I bought the Frontier 90 and I'm looking for another seat for my 2.5 year old that we can use for a 2nd seat (will be used every week so ideally easy to change around, travel on airplanes etc). I'd love one that I could use for the long, long term - maybe hand down to my 9 month old eventually, yet is reasonably priced (maybe $100 or less when on sale?)

Do you have any car seats that you would recommend with these features/pricing?

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by drliusd View Post
    Our almost 9 month old is in a chicco infant car seat with the belt in the highest harness, he is either at or below the belt and head is def below the top of the infant car seat. i can't remember the parameters of when it's considered "outgrown" off hand.. does anyone know?
    Just to be sure you have the straps right...the *straps* should be at or below the shoulders, which makes the child at or above them. You say "he is either at or below" and I want to be sure that "he" is at or above
    Kris

For cheap and easy to move, you can't beat the Evenflo Secure Kid DLX/400. Though for even cheaper and lighter, the Maestro is a good choice, just not as easy to install (regular LATCH hooks on a belt, while the SK has self-retracting LATCH anchors, even a bad install will get tighter with use by itself, making it basically foolproof).
    Julie

Hi, I ended up buying the new Frontier 90 for my car and the evenflo Maestro for our 2nd car. Thanks for the tips! I'm now wondering, what's the expiration date for both of these seats? Is it 6 years for all evenflos?

Our son is 2.5 and we planned to hand these down to my 9 month old when it comes time. Will these two booster seats last that long? We are also about to buy two convertible car seats for our 9 month old (i just posted another post asking for reco's on that one) because we found out our existing britax marathon is expiring this month (65 lbs, manufactured in 5/07)

I really want to make the right, long term choice that will last our family and I have not yet received the evenflo maestro yet so can return that if there is a better long term option for our 2nd child.

Those are fine seats, the Frontier lasts 9 years (I think, unless it's longer, what does the manual say?), and the Maestro is 6 (probably till the December of the sixth year, many of their seats are like that). Given the height of the harnesses and the height of the seats in booster mode, that should be exactly the amount of time you need each one to last (ie, the 'baby' will outgrow the Maestro harness and booster mode when it expires, and the Frontier in harnessed mode and certainly be old enough for a backless booster at that point).
    Julie

Thanks Jools, do you have a recommendation for a combination seat for my 9 month old?

Ideally a reasonably priced one - Under $100, if under $50 even better! Most likely I'll need to buy two - I'm ok with buying two different kinds, as long as they are safe

I'd like one to be easy, easy, easy to install and ideally light (for occasional travel), it'll be switched every week in and out of a car. The second car is variable size so compatibility with a smaller sedan is ideal.

Also, does anyone know the best way to dispose of an expired car seat (Britax marathon)

Shoot, I accidentally unsubscribed from this post - how do I resubscribe to get these in my email?

Gosh, I don't even know how to unsub or sub, I'm not much of a mod! Anyway, it's cool you started a new thread with that different question.
    Julie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3