niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Summer will not be fun.

Sorry, I'm in a venting mood.

I'll have to work and need to do as much as possible to pay for my tuition next semester as I didn't get much work last few months

I have to take a self-paced stats class. I loathe stats, but can do math.

I have to take the CBEST.

I need to work with DS on spelling and writing and keep taking him to Math tutoring (he's not where needs to be for school transferring him too). DS fights me every time we try to do schoolwork.

I'll be spending 1 week with my mother alone, no DH or anyone else to run interference. Then I get to see my sister's new DH interact with my mother for a week, it will be At least the attention won't be on me and how DS is not the perfect grandchild.

We're spending 10 days with the ILs that will include a 5 day road trip with 5 people in a Saturn Vue. FIL is grumpy old man, DS is in a make-annoying-sounds in car phase.

My Fall semester is going to be the heaviest workload to date and I won't have had any downtime over the summer.

I'm on a diet and losing weight but I think I'll need chocolate and wine to get through the summer.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

At least chocolate and wine are healthy?

In all seriousness, I'm sorry your summer is going to be so rough. It stinks when "fun season" isn't. I hope everything works out so you'll have an easier fall.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

Quote Originally Posted by anonomom View Post
    At least chocolate and wine are healthy?

In all seriousness, I'm sorry your summer is going to be so rough. It stinks when "fun season" isn't. I hope everything works out so you'll have an easier fall.
    I'm just whining. I've got AF, so not in best of moods right now. It'll all work out. Wine and chocolate (but not too much so I don't regain weight) will help!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don't have much to add, but the CBEST is pretty easy from what I have heard. I am horrible at standardized tests and my sister who is a bit better than I am and even my brother who is really good at them said I could have passed it without a problem.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

hillview is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

so sorry that stinks.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ugh, well make sure fil and your son sit next to each other to annoy each other while you bring headphones and chocolate to tune it all out.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Everything on your list sounded bad enough, but then I got to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    We're spending 10 days with the ILs that will include a 5 day road trip with 5 people in a Saturn Vue.
    I'm going crazy after just one day in my car (an SUV) with just my immediate family. I'd be tempted to claim, "I'm getting car sick. I need to take Dramamine." Then I could sleep through the trip.

But all of you in the car reminds me that when we lived in Germany, my dad's parents visited, and all five of us rode around in a VW Beetle.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Ugh, well make sure fil and your son sit next to each other to annoy each other while you bring headphones and chocolate to tune it all out.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmom View Post
    I'd be tempted to claim, "I'm getting car sick. I need to take Dramamine." Then I could sleep through the trip.
    Brillant ideas. I'll have this as back-up plan if I want to scream.
    The road trip is supposed to be a few hours to Niagara falls, stay there, then drive to NYC, stay there, then get back to MI in a couple days with some stops.

I've never had a successful road trip as a kid, so I'm not expecting much. DH thinks it'll be a tonne of fun.