Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: Meet GB :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC area
    Posts
    2,185

    Default Meet GB :)

    I am bored today at work and looking for a distraction. Some of my favorite sportswriters open themselves up to answer questions on line from their readers, and while i may not be as interesting as them, it sounds like a good fun idea. So, ask me anything from the serious to the funny to the ridiculous. I may decline to answer a question, but i am a pretty open person, so give it a shot.

    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

  2. #2
    jent's Avatar
    jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    OK, I'll bite. What's your favorite movie and why?
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

  3. #3
    Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC area
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jent View Post
    OK, I'll bite. What's your favorite movie and why?
    I cant say i have a favorite, just a bunch i can't turn off if i run across them

    1 - Godfather 1&2 - it is required as a male
    2 - Smokey and the Bandit - nostalgia reasons
    3 - Shawshank redemption - love the character interplay
    4 - A few good men - love the dialogue
    5 - Rent - what can i say, i am a renthead, Although i like the show better than the movie
    6 - The incredibles - i am a kid at heart
    7 - American History X - very powerful movie


    These are a few
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

  4. #4
    momm's Avatar
    momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    Personal questions or related to your profession only? Are you a sports writer too?

    ----------------------------------------------------------------

  5. #5
    Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC area
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momm View Post
    Personal questions or related to your profession only? Are you a sports writer too?
    Nope, i am an accountant. Anything goes
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Here's one:

    What advice will you give your daughter on her wedding day? What about her husband-to-be?
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

  7. #7
    Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC area
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    I will not give advice, but i will ask her a question - "is this 100% what you want to do, do not feel trapped into walking down that isle if you are not 100% sure. We can turn this into a great party either way" I will then tell her during our dance that, although she has a husband now, I will always be her father and she can always count on me being there for her.


    To him i will simply say "don't **** it up, i still have the shotgun, shovel and bag of lime in my garage, and i doubt anyone would miss you"
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

  8. #8
    KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giantbear View Post
    I will not give advice, but i will ask her a question - "is this 100% what you want to do, do not feel trapped into walking down that isle if you are not 100% sure. We can turn this into a great party either way" I will then tell her during our dance that, although she has a husband now, I will always be her father and she can always count on me being there for her.
    Can I just say I LOVE this and it made me cry because my father said the exact same thing to me. I should have listened because we're divorced now, but it meant a lot to me at the time. My father died 6 years ago but I always remember him saying this to me. Your DD is very lucky to have you.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

  9. #9
    Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC area
    Posts
    2,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLD313 View Post
    Can I just say I LOVE this and it made me cry because my father said the exact same thing to me. I should have listened because we're divorced now, but it meant a lot to me at the time. My father died 6 years ago but I always remember him saying this to me. Your DD is very lucky to have you.
    I have to admit, this is what my mother said to me and my sisters before we walked down the isle. I want her to know that, no matter what, i am the one person who she can always rely on. I hope i can live up to it.

    I have enjoyed this exercise, please, anyone feel free to keep asking questions.
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

  10. #10
    queenmama's Avatar
    queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,465

    Default

    Are you a large man or is your moniker a metaphor?

    Lara
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •