Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Gonna come right out and say this...

You've had breast cancer. It's his turn. He should have a vasectomy.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Binkandabee is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm curious from those who say its DH's turn...what is the reasoning behind that? I'm already having another surgery. I'm already going to be under general anesthesia and it just makes sense to me to have a permanent birth control done at the same time. If DH gets a vasectomy...then we're both going to be having surgery.

I'm not worried about tacking on an additional procedure. My surgery in October was MAJOR....double mastectomy, lymph node biopsies, harvesting of abdominal fat flap for reconstruction, transfer of abdominal flap and then the actual reconstruction. I made it through without a single complication or set back. Some of these permanent options pale in comparison.

I'm really just trying to see if there's something obvious I'm missing.
    DD 07/03
    DD 07/08
    Our family is complete!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Binkandabee View Post
    I'm curious from those who say its DH's turn...what is the reasoning behind that? I'm already having another surgery. I'm already going to be under general anesthesia and it just makes sense to me to have a permanent birth control done at the same time. If DH gets a vasectomy...then we're both going to be having surgery.

I'm not worried about tacking on an additional procedure. My surgery in October was MAJOR....double mastectomy, lymph node biopsies, harvesting of abdominal fat flap for reconstruction, transfer of abdominal flap and then the actual reconstruction. I made it through without a single complication or set back. Some of these permanent options pale in comparison.

I'm really just trying to see if there's something obvious I'm missing.
    Google "post tubal ligation syndrome." For me, I would avoid getting my tubes tied and would have DBF get a vasectomy. I wouldn't want to deal with post tubal ligation syndrome, even if the risk is small.

"Post-tubal ligation syndrome includes pain during intercourse, aching lower back, premenstrual tension syndrome, difficulty in menstruating, uterine hemorrhage, and absence of menstruation. The syndrome is caused by blood circulation problems in and around the Fallopian tubes and ovaries, pressure on nerves, and intrapelvic adhesion. Differentiating between this syndrome and endometritis during diagnosis and differentiating between functional hemorrhage due to hormonal abnormality and anatomical hemorrhage due to polyp or tumor is very important. Since the symptoms of this syndrome are mild, simple symptomatic treatment is sufficient in most cases. In some cases, however, desquamation surgery or reversal of tubal ligation may be necessary. Endoscopic surgery is also available. In Japan, because of widespread use of condoms and IUDs, tubal ligation is not very common."
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7757737
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5