Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default White pants/short

I've always stayed away from white pants and shorts because I've never found a pair that wasn't see through. How do you deal with that? I can't go commando, so surely there is another option. I was at a boutique yesterday admiring a shirt and the sales person said "oh, that would be great with white shorts". I'm sure she thought she was helping to sell them to me, but it made me put them back on the rack. Help!!!

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just keep trying them on.I am constantly amazed at all the white shorts/pants that you can see the pockets through, who wears that?

I have a pair of shorts from Ann Taylor that are thicker material and a pair from talbots that are a textured (like a twill) material, neither are see through. But I tried on a LOT of shorts to end up with those!

I also had a beautiful white linen skirt from loft that I loved. It was fully lined, so that helped with the sheerness. Sadly, I washed it, and the linen shrank more than the liner. A big wardrobe loss when it is so hard to find good white bottoms!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Nude/skin colored underwear! Actually have some that are a little heavier mayerial with spandex in them. And the only thing I'll do being a larger size is white denim Capris! Or white jean shorts...again some thicker material to not show bumps, dimples and my pudginess!

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I never wear white pants, but I have two pairs of white jeans...skinnies ("Toothpick", I think) from J. Crew, and "Long and Lean" boot cuts from Gap. I usually size down in both brands/styles, but not for the white jeans, since I prefer they not be too tight. The heavier weight of the jeans makes pockets showing less of an issue...although I often hear stylists suggest removing unsightly pockets from white pants. Lined white pants would also help this, but you're not going to find me wearing lined pants in Florida in the summer...who needs an extra layer when its 90 degrees and humid?

I have two pairs of white shorts...one is several years old (from Old Navy) and is a heavier weight chino fabric (I have three pairs of the same shorts in different colors and they wear like iron...I've repeatedly bleached the white ones. They are casual and actually have a seam around the front and back pockets, so they are meant to be seen. My other white shorts are from The Limited, and are dressier. Again, they are a slightly heavier woven cotton fabric.

As for undies, I always wear nude colored seamless panties or a thong underneath white bottoms. Tapered "laser" edges do prevent the dreaded VPL.

Thanks so much! Does anyone happen to have any links to white pants or shorts that they've tried?

I really wish I would have been brave enough to get some last year at old navy. I bought some gray shorts that I absolutely love, and I am pretty sure they had them in white too. They are a thicker chino material, probably the ones that ilfaith has.

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got some from Lands End last year. Will ETA links if I can find them. One was a linen-ish material and the other was regular cotton.

And a major for this one, but my favorite white pants are my old maternity pants. I like the elastic waist because it doesn't look lumpy under tops. I do usually wear longer or tunic-length tops with the pants but they are not see through.
    DS age 9

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

LOVE some new short shorts from Theory in white.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I just hit the Old Navy 30% off sale yesterday and ended up with a pair of their 3" white shorts and don't feel like they are super see-thru, I wear a nude thong with them and typically my tanks/shirts cover at least 1/2 of my butt.
    This has me stumped though....I saw a photo the other day of a super cute outfit with white linen pants, well guess what ON had?! White linen pants with a t-shirt material fold-over waist and they are SUPER comfy! I got them in white and black and figured they could be casual or even dressed up. The white though are super see-thru, I put them back at first but then took a longer tank in to try on with them and most of my butt was covered and I really liked them so they came home, tags are still on them though so far. How do people wear pants like this???
    Finally #2 due April 17, 2015

DS - 8.22.08
    allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts
    outgrew wheat!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I spent 2 summers ago searching. Had success at The Limited.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Subscribing because I can't seem to find anything that works either! I think a lot of the problem is skin color...if you're very pale, it's much easier. My skin is darker, and wearing nude underwear will fix the underwear issue but it's as if you can still see my darker skin tone underneath esp when there are pockets (the pocket patches appear white and the rest appears "white but with asian underneath" - LOL).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast