Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    Had he wanted to cut it and you said no? Does he cut his own hair? That's just so very bizarre and reading the title and part of the post, I would have assumed you meant a toddler or small child did it.

Is this erratic behavior? Controlling? I have heard of men taking the kid to the barber shop, but not just going for it with a pair of scissors. I'd be seriously concerned for my DH's mental well-being if he randomly cut one of our kids' hair with scissors.
    Yes, he wanted to cut it and I didn't. No, he doesn't cut his own hair. He may as well be a toddler, he acts like one.

He's not normally erratic. He would be controlling if I let myself be controlled by him but I don't. He's sitting there telling me how hard it was to cut it while he was rolling around. Seriously?
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

mctlaw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Iwould be seriously livid. I am sorry but what a jacka$$ thing to do.
    MC

Fair Queen-Ruler of the House of Boys
    Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12
    and a 12 year old (boy) min pin

Quote Originally Posted by KLD313 View Post
    Yes, he wanted to cut it and I didn't. No, he doesn't cut his own hair. He may as well be a toddler, he acts like one.

He's not normally erratic. He would be controlling if I let myself be controlled by him but I don't. He's sitting there telling me how hard it was to cut it while he was rolling around. Seriously?
    He's controlling you by doing stupid things behind your back to the children that he knows will upset you. He did that with a gun too, didn't he? Hopefully a hair stylist can even it out so he'll look cute for Mother's Day.

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

He's controlling you by doing stupid things behind your back to the children that he knows will upset you. He did that with a gun too, didn't he? .
    WHAT?????

WTF with the hair as well. Jeepers I would be livid.

----------------------------------------------------------------

He's controlling you by doing stupid things behind your back to the children that he knows will upset you.
    I am so sorry OP.

Will a stylist even cut a 9 month old's hair?
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I am so sorry OP.

Will a stylist even cut a 9 month old's hair?
    Yes, a stylist WILL cut a 9 mo old's hair. Our stylist trimmed Peanut's bangs (they were in his eyes) when we were there for one of Stachio's haircuts last year. I didn't want it all cut because I wanted the baby curls (though they never came). She was super sweet and offered to just trim them so he could see, then put them in a little bag and filled out a certificate for his first haircut! She wouldn't even charge us anything for it since it wasn't on the schedule. She got a great tip that day!

OP - I'm so sorry. I would be pretty upset about that too!
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

Hemlock is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

When my son was around 18 months old, my babysitter called me at work and asked if she could have my son's hair cut. She was at her mother's hair salon having her sons' hair cut and she said my little guy wanted to have his hair cut too. I initially told her "no" because he didn't need a hair cut. She kinda kept bugging me about it, so I said "fine, go ahead" - mostly just to get off the phone. Before hanging up she laughingly said "great because I already had it cut before I called you".

My husband went to pick up our son at her home after work. When he walked in the door, I wanted to cry! She had given my little baby a brush cut!! He left with a FULL head of hair and came back almost bald.

I was furious. I spent the entire weekend going over the various ways I was going to tell her that she was fired. But, despite the haircut incident, she was a great babysitter and I decided to keep her.

I know that this doesn't help any (since you can't fire your husband), but the hair will grow back. Still a jerky thing for you DH to do though.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

He's controlling you by doing stupid things behind your back to the children that he knows will upset you. He did that with a gun too, didn't he? Hopefully a hair stylist can even it out so he'll look cute for Mother's Day.
    What she said. And not for nothin' but when I was a baby and my hair was in my face my sister did the same thing: Cut off the bangs. For the same reason, because she thought she was helping the baby (me), and was also proud of herself. And she was TWO YEARS OLD.

Your SO needs to GROW the heck up and get a clue. I'm so mad for you.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Quote Originally Posted by momm View Post
    WHAT?????

WTF with the hair as well. Jeepers I would be livid.
    Sorry, not clear! There was another post about him leaving a gun on the table and refusing to put it in a safe I thought. And worrisome behavior after Sandy Hook? Maybe I've been watching too many bad movies while nursing all night, but the posts raised a red flag in my sleep-deprived mind.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Sorry, not clear! There was another post about him leaving a gun on the table and refusing to put it in a safe I thought. And worrisome behavior after Sandy Hook? Maybe I've been watching too many bad movies while nursing all night, but the posts raised a red flag in my sleep-deprived mind.
    Yes, the gun is safely locked away in the biometric safe. It hasn't come out at all after some serious threats from me and he know what will happen of it does.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast