Default Ugh, curse you organic strawberries!

Was just cleaning out my purse and happened to glance at my grocery bill. I had thought it seemed higher than normal yesterday, but didn't pay too much attention to it since I had bought lots of cleaning supplies. Well looks like the 3 packages of strawberries that I bought were organic and cost $6.99 a package instead of the ones on special for $1.99!! It just makes me sick that I spent so much and of course I have already washed them and eaten most! I think I am going to go back to Kroger and complain. Shouldn't these be in a different area? They are both from Driscoll's only one has a green label and one a red I think. So mad at myself!!

Ann

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I understand what you mean. I usually shop at meijer and yes, driscoll has both conventional and organic strawberries, RIGHT next to one another. I'm wondering if someone might have moved some of the organic ones into the conventional side and that is how you ended up with them. I usually can spot the organic ones though... at our store they are always rotted and moldy, since nobody buys them.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

I'm sorry. At my Whole Foods, the conventional and organic strawberries are also in the same section so you really have to check the label carefully. I'm sure they do it on people because they know people will make the same mistake.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

I did the same thing this week. And what irks me is that that organic ones go bad first, so we had to use them up faster. And some still had to be thrown out. (Because of the seeds you can't put them in a compost pile. )
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13

Good grief - 6.99 a package? For a lb? Even Whole Foods doesn't charge that much!

We only eat organic due to strawberries being one of the dirty dozen but I have never seen them for that price ever. At most 4.99 not on sale

Sorry!

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We also only buy organic produce and I have never seen strawberries for 6.99/lb. That's crazy!!
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012