Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default UPDATE: We're back on!! I'm SO bummed

I was supposed to do a trip to DL with my SILs this weekend. Kid free all day. I love going with them. We talk all day long and just munch through the park. Disneyland is just a nice backdrop to a day of conversation and treats.

I guess they just got too busy and today they called it off. I won't be able to go again for a LONG time. I'm really disappointed.

I've got a free day but really I don't want to go anywhere else. SO not happy right now.
    Last edited by bisous; 05-09-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Oh and as I'm sitting here (and I know this is the bitching post) would you say something about how disappointed you are? It seems that lately my SILs whom I formerly considered my best friends are just getting more and more busy and as a result I'm just feeling less and less important. Should I say or do anything? Could this just be a season of life thing? I'm just hurt. And bummed. I was SO excited.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am so sorry! That sounds like a lot of fun! If I didn't live across the country I would be happy to go with you to Disneyland!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Thank you!! FWIW, I get them in for free. Free parking, free admission, discount on all concessions and significant discount on all other purchases. It wasn't my idea to have this outing. It was suggested (with the implication that I'd be doing all the above) and I accepted. It has been on my calendar. I've turned down other stuff because I keep my commitments.

I guess the upside is I can finally get some of my house projects done. It is just not as fun as a fun day out with my friends. Boo.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

wow that STINKS. I am so sorry!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Oh bummer! Missing a kid-free day at Disney would make me sad, but missing the time with formerly-close friends would totally depress me! My BFF and I went through a season or two like this, where no matter what, she was just so much more busy than me, and eventually I realized we hadn't got together for SEVEN YEARS. And then, we both found ourselves newly single moms, and we became almost inseparable for years. Right now, we're casual, but not super close. I think many friendships ebb and flow like that... Sorry all the same though!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Bummer, that stinks! Hope you can find something else fun to do!

Ann

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Is there someone else you can invite?

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Uhhh I'd LOVE to go with you, and I don't even "know" you! That sounds much more wonderful than the weekend I have had planned for me (of 1 day "celebrating" mothers day/mil &sil bdays at mils house while I try to keep rambunctious Boo out of trouble in their non-Kid-proofed house while cousins veg in front of tv inappropriate for kids, and 1 day "celebrating" mothers day with my family who drives me bonkers and trends to piss off DH) all the while not one single person has yet to ask me what I want to do for MY mothers day when I have the youngest kids on both sides of our families.

Sorry, Bisous, I guess I needed a bp of my own. But I'm sorry your plans got canceled. I HATE that feeling of being lower priority to people I value.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

I'm so sorry.
    It's so totally frustrating when you have something that you are really, really looking forward to and then it gets canceled, through no fault of your own.
    I hope you can use some of the time you would have spent with them on doing something for yourself that you wouldn't ordinarily do.
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast