Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default dressilyme.com Two thumbs up!

Just got my dress from www.dressilyme.com a few weeks ago and thought I would do a review for anyone looking for a new dress on a budget!

Their prices are amazing--I have a lacy, beaded dress with pick-up skirt, and a petticoat to keep it properly fluffy, for under $250 shipped. It appears to be of very good quality. It does come from China, which worried me when I started ordering, but they kept emailing me along the process to let me know where my dress was in the process, which gave me some comfort. It took about 25 days to be made and shipped, and then it took about another 10 days for it to arrive at my house, which is right about what the website quoted to expect time-wise.

I'm normally a 14-16 in clothes, and I ordered an 18 just to be sure that I was going to have a dress that fits. The bust is a bit bigger, but the rest of the dress fit perfectly everywhere else, and I only need the bust taken in about an inch.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yay, glad to hear you are happy with your wedding dress purchase and that the site you bought from worked out well!
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

Can you link to your dress so that we can see it?
    DS 5/09

http://www.dressilyme.com/p-elegant-...work-7259.html
    ETA: I hoped people still came around on the bridal side of the forum, but wasn't sure!
    --Mimi

That dress is so beautiful! Love the sleeveless jacket that comes with it; only realized it was separate from the dress when I read the description. Of course, now I am clicking through tons of other wedding dresses on the site. This is fun!

Have you been able to get it tailored yet?
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

you might want to cross-post to the Lounge too ~ I only saw your post come up initially b/c I was using the "new post" feature. I'd think you would have had more replies by now if you were posted over there too . . .

Wow, beautiful dress, and a great price!

Congratulations, I wish you all the best
    DS 5/09

Quote Originally Posted by oneplustwo View Post
    you might want to cross-post to the Lounge too ~ I only saw your post come up initially b/c I was using the "new post" feature. I'd think you would have had more replies by now if you were posted over there too . . .
    Ya know, I'd never considered posting it in the Lounge, LOL, just wanted it to be here in case someone was looking for wedding dresses I'll post in the Lounge shortly!
    --Mimi

Quote Originally Posted by oneplustwo View Post
    That dress is so beautiful! Love the sleeveless jacket that comes with it; only realized it was separate from the dress when I read the description. Of course, now I am clicking through tons of other wedding dresses on the site. This is fun!

Have you been able to get it tailored yet?
    Not tailored yet. I'm trying to figure out if I can manage it myself... SO wants me to have the jacket on, so if I put a stitch or two in myself, it would be covered by the jacket.
    --Mimi

I think your SO has good taste; the jacket is stunning with the dress. Good luck with the tailoring; I'm sure it will come out great!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast