Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by larig View Post
    Wow, that's a great strategy. NOT! I'd have been pissed--did your cousin-in-law listen to you?
    I have to admit that that strategy may have ended her up with something like the the Uptown- not a bad seat.
    But the wrong reason to buy it, and not get a Britax, especially since ease of use should be factored in.

I left out the fact that cousin-in-law can be an idiot (I have since blocked her on Facebook). She ignored both of our advice and got a Nautilus for her 11 month old. I then told her that she could not use that seat, and then she ended up with something else after her ped told her the same thing.
    DD
    DS

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Seriously! What subject did she think you were ignorant on?
    Something about the FDA and cancer and conventional medications. She posted one of those anti-FDA articles claiming that they raided a natural cancer-fighting clinic and stole all of the patients meds. The truth is more that they took the illegal substances out. So, I said that the FDA is not all bad. I should have just stayed out of it. It really, really, really wasn't worth my time! But, we've been watching a Tay Sachs cure go through months and months of trials and just when it was weeks away from clinical human trial, they found that it caused even more neurological damage in monkeys. So, yes, I'm glad the FDA is around and moderates medications. I'm sure they are like any government agency...a mess...but they DO serve an important function in this country.

I then got told that I really needed to read and research. Which is insulting because my best friend died of breast cancer last year and I spent hours and hours reading on the internet, trying to find out current cancer treatments. And another friend died this year. And another has stage 4 breast cancer that spread to spinal cord, pelvis, etc. last week. I'm not ignorant on cancer, thank you very much.
    Last edited by crayonblue; 05-09-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2