Default Monki see monki do baby reading program

I am interested in starting the monki see monki do reading program for my daughter. We read almost every night before bed time, but I would like to add this as a part of our morning routine.
    There are videos as well as flash cards, and story books. I am not interested in the videos but the flash cards and books intrigue me.
    Have any of you tried this program? Please reply with feedback and recommendations. My daughter is 5 months old.
    Thank you,
    Momma12/14/12

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Welcome to the BBB!

I think that your nightly reading is a great foundation for your daughter (not to mention a great bonding experience). As a learning scientist, my recommentations would be to not bother with the videos at this point, and if you want to do more, just add more time and books to what you're already doing. (Additionally, I personally have not seen any peer-reviewed evidence that would support their use).

Here's a link to an abstract of a journal article you might be interested in--it talks about early reading success and the predictors of it. http://rer.sagepub.com/content/65/1/1.short

Again, welcome to the boards!
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree with larig on this. I think those sorts of things are gimicky and not necessary. Money is better spent elsewhere.

Welcome.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12