Default Need help picking a mattress

Walmart has some cribs on sale, and one I like, the Graco Freeport, is $50 off AND includes a choice of mattresses. (Graco cribs are made by LaJobi.)
    1-For no extra charge - the Kolcraft - Pediatric 800 Crib and Toddler Mattress
    This one I don't think I am not going to get, since it only has 80 coils, which is not supposed to be firm enough.
    2- For $60 extra, a Sealy Baby - Ortho Rest Crib and Toddler Mattress. This has 150 coils, which Baby Bargains says is the minimum we should have.
    3-For $80 extra, a Serta - Nightstar Extra-Firm Crib and Toddler Mattress. I can't tell from the description if this is a coil or foam mattress.

It looks like the last 2 are at or very close to their regular retail price, while the first one is normally around $38.

Do any of you have experience with any of these? I am trying to decide between foam and coil, and have no idea what is worthwhile.

Should I get the Kolcraft for no charge, and keep it for emergencies, and get a better mattress in addition, since the other 2 are close to regular price?

Decisions, decisions, decisions......
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;...ttress/9864293

This is the one we have for DD2, and I have no complaints with it.
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

I absolutely love our Little Dreamer so much that I got a 2nd for the new baby coming. While it isn't one you listed, it is foam. I would think it would be lighter and therefore make any sheet changes much more easy that wrangling with a coil mattress.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    I absolutely love our Little Dreamer so much that I got a 2nd for the new baby coming. While it isn't one you listed, it is foam. I would think it would be lighter and therefore make any sheet changes much more easy that wrangling with a coil mattress.
    We loved our dual sided Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer so much we got DS1 a Moonlight Slumber full size mattress for his big boy bed. Right Start has Moonlight Slumber on sale right now. Not sure if they are cheapest, but I also highly recommend Moonlight Slumber.
    All Moonlight Slumber at Right Start:
    http://www.rightstart.com/search/res...8&sale=1000008

This is the actual mattress we have:
    http://www.rightstart.com/moonlight-...foam-dual.html
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    Another vote for the Little Dreamer mattress. I love how lightweight the foam is! Definitely one of my favorite baby buys.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Late to this post but we used a Kolcraft firm mattress for both of our girls and it worked out just fine. There weren't as many green options though in 2006 or I was just living under a rock. I also didn't see the need to be paying $$$$ for a crib mattress. I am probably in he minority on that thought too. We set up the crib a few months before each kid was born and here was no noticeable off gassing.

This is similar to the one we used (ours was a private label from a local baby store), but it was the same price, about $80.
    http://www.babydirect.com/kolcraft-p...FSJk7Aod4C0Ajg
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)