Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh! Oh! What twowhat wrote is exactly what happened to me. It's as if my boobs said, "OK, we've nursed three kids, including a pair of twins, we've been at it for YEARS and WE'RE DONE. The job is done and we're outta here. Buh-bye!" And then the farewell shrinkage-droopage went on for months and months and months.

Seriously, what gives? The body changes keep coming. My waist recently disappeared (I'm more a rectangle now, when my whole life I was a pear-ish hourglass) and at one point although my weight didn't change my jeans stopped fitting. DH just doesn't understand that I need to buy new clothes because everything just KEEPS SHIFTING AROUND! Sheesh.
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I'm a LLL leader, and I've had this same discussion with many moms. It seems like the boobs either shrink or grow. If only the large breasted mamas could donate to the small breasted mamas, then everyone would be happy.
    Yes yes!!! I as as all before I nursed 4 years...in fact the ONLY time I have ever had boobs was when I was full of milk.

Post nursing I got NOTHING! It's sad. I can't wear certain tank tops or v neck tees bc I am so flat

Boo hoo
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Nooknookmom View Post
    Yes yes!!! I as as all before I nursed 4 years...in fact the ONLY time I have ever had boobs was when I was full of milk.

Post nursing I got NOTHING! It's sad. I can't wear certain tank tops or v neck tees bc I am so flat

Boo hoo
    hey there friend! i can relate! i am just dealing with the new (ever changing) body. it's here to stay and i gotta embrace it. as patricia heaton said in an episodes of everybody loves raymond - "hey buddy, these are working breasts!" mine have certainly decided their work is done and it's time to bid adieu!

wendibird: you know that comment is just brutal, don't you? it's like an "i love everything about being pregnant" rave on a thread about morning sickness!

for Sandy Hook

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Okay, I'm curious . . . when did people's boobs *start* shrinking? I weaned about 1.5 months ago (after 7 straight years of nursing!!) and so far they're still the same size. That's fine by me, but I kind of feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    hey there friend! i can relate! i am just dealing with the new (ever changing) body. it's here to stay and i gotta embrace it. as patricia heaton said in an episodes of everybody loves raymond - "hey buddy, these are working breasts!" mine have certainly decided their work is done and it's time to bid adieu!

wendibird: you know that comment is just brutal, don't you? it's like an "i love everything about being pregnant" rave on a thread about morning sickness!
    Thank you for the comraderie!!! I need it...its bad enough my 17yo is a D & rubs it in! I like the "working boobs" idea - I feel like they did their job. They literally kept DD2 alive until she could eat solids (and I could add in rice milk w/olive oil) she never could have cows milk or soy, hence my extended nursing ( well I was a tad selfish too-we really enjoyed it and bonded over the boob).
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2