Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I'd have emailed back a terse ”no" when she asked for a dollar off. So rude.
    I would have been frustrated and annoyed too, miss pacman. I'm sorry that you had to deal with an obnoxious potential buyer.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lalasmama View Post
    I totally get this! Actually, there's a bp from maybe a month ago that I wrote, but it was on a CL transaction. Lady wanted me to donate the clothes to her, then drive them to her 30 minutes away, but leave them on her porch, because she has no money, but will be out of town that week. Seriously, probably 20+ emails, and I finally said its just too much work to give them to you! Ugh!
    wait, wanted you to drive 30 minutes out of your way to drop it off at her house so she could have all the clothes for FREE?? wow, that takes the cake. i swear, some people have no shame.

the sense of entitlement from some people is mind-boggling. while i don't usually do it, i understand haggling on CL to some extent..especially since i do see wildly overpriced things on CL all the time. but i can't stand buyers who somehow expect you to bend over backwards for them.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Op that is super obnoxious. I do think that some people don't feel like they get a good deal on craigslist unless they can knock something off the price--regardless of how low it is to start. I don't feel that way and absolutely hate haggling but I know my Dad's response when I've purchased something at the asking price on craigslist is that I got taken advantage of!

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Op that is super obnoxious. I do think that some people don't feel like they get a good deal on craigslist unless they can knock something off the price--regardless of how low it is to start. I don't feel that way and absolutely hate haggling but I know my Dad's response when I've purchased something at the asking price on craigslist is that I got taken advantage of!
    I feel like this...no matter how good the price it seems like people NEED to haggle. I never haggle (even when I probably should!) but if I think it's a good price I'll offer what they're asking. If not, I'll pass.
    Debbie

In some cultures, you are expected to haggle. But those same cultures have rules about being polite as well.
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    wait, wanted you to drive 30 minutes out of your way to drop it off at her house so she could have all the clothes for FREE?? wow, that takes the cake. i swear, some people have no shame.
    Oh, that's not the half of it, LOL! It was a LARGE (like 3ft x 2ft x 2ft) moving box FULL of clothes, mostly name brand (including Dior, Calvin Klein, Carters, Gymbo, TPC), a lot of NEW with tags (!!!), and lots of swaddling blankets, bibs (never used), washclothes (again, never used).... She emailed me about donating them, and after talking with SO, (and having had my DSD have a baby in her teens), we agreed that we could do it. It was clearly marked that we were about 15 minutes out of town. She asked for us to drop it off between x and y on Friday afternoon, because she couldn't come get it, because she was on bedrest. She said she lived in the south part of town, which is nice, because we are SE of town. We decided we could do that. Then she said, "Wait, no Saturday morning please. And just leave them on the porch, because I'll be in [a town 90 minutes away]. Can you please make sure they are washed and folded and separated by size?" I asked for the address, and it wasn't the "south part of town", it was 30 minutes SOUTHWEST of town, of course. And then she started getting demanding about it. When I said this was getting too complicated, and that drive is too far, she said she could give us $20 for gas money, but she won't be there to give it to us when we drop off the clothes. And she kept asking when or changing the time, etc. I finally said it was just too much hassle and that someone else bought them. They are still in my garage, unsold.... but I'm not willing to drive 30-40 minutes to get them to her!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've had something listed on CL for a few weeks. The same guy emails weekly and started at $1000 less than our asking. He would just write and say $1400 cash, as if the cash part was an incentive. The ad listed cash only. Then the next week he upped it by $100 and he's now at $1600 cash. I kept responding telling him the lowest we would take. Finally I said look if I can't get my price I'll keep it! Then he responded and started asking all these questions and saying it looked really nice and then I never heard from him again. Whatever!
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    What a PITA! That much effort for $2 or $3 wouldn't be worth it to me. I'd just donate. People are nuts.
    I have a firm rule that if I'm not getting at least $20 for an item I don't even try to sell it. Just not worth the hassle. Sorry she was such a pill!

Catherine

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I'm no our local FB swap, but I haven't done much. Sold a few bigger, pricier things, but it does amaze me that these teeny $2 items are flying back and forth AND being haggled over. I just don't have that kind of patience. I'll plunk that kind of stuff at goodwill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2